Thread: Gypsy Jazz in South Central IL

Default Gypsy Jazz in South Central IL

Looking for someone to jam with on Gypsy Jazz here in South Central Illinois. I'm in Salem but will travel to meet someone who doesn't mind showing a beginner some tips and tricks. I've played Bluegrass mandolin for about 15 years (though I'm not great trust me) and just now getting into Gypsy Jazz. I'm willing to jam with anyone whether you're a mando player or not just to pick your brain and learn.

2. The following members say thank you to Mando Barber for this post:

Default Re: Gypsy Jazz in South Central IL

Find some guitar players! It's a guitarists' music first and foremost, as it was mostly invented by Django.

I love Gypsy jazz....I hope you find other people to enjoy learning with.

I'm actually hoping to find some guitar player(s) to jam with. The problem, of course, is actually finding them. I know even playing Bluegrass it can be tough to find someone to jam with. Hopefully I'll find someone around me who plays Gypsy Jazz but it may take a while.

5. The following members say thank you to Mando Barber for this post:

There is a good gypsy jam in St Louis on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month. Probably 1.5 hours from you, but probably the most likely place to find some folks anywhere near you.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colorado_al For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_al View Post
    There is a good gypsy jam in St Louis on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month. Probably 1.5 hours from you, but probably the most likely place to find some folks anywhere near you.

Thanks for the info. Where is it located? I am 70 miles from the Mississippi River downtown so it would be 1 1/2 hours depending on the traffic and where it's located in the city. I'll definitely check it out!