Thread: coupon codes for Mandolins Heal the world? think i'll do 6 months

Default coupon codes for Mandolins Heal the world? think i'll do 6 months

if you haven't looked, there are some pretty awesome teachers and a ton of differing styles of mandolin being taught on "mandolins heal the world".

I'm thinking i'll sign up for the 6 month deal-I seem to remember a discount code for Café users, but that may have been a while back-can anyone direct me to that? or let me know that was a long time ago.........lol

thank you
    d

Default Re: coupon codes for Mandolins Heal the world? think i'll do 6 mo

I subscribed for a while, and there is a lot of material for sure, but the production values were all over the place. I ultimately let the cheap in me take over. I'm finding a lot of free lessons out there.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Registered User Michael Neverisky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, I do remember a discount code last December.

I plan to avail myself of what looks like fabulous content at MHTW but the timing in December wasn't right. That is, there is only so much practice time in a day for this working man! I recently completed Matt Flinner's outstanding chord-melody course and I'm working my way through Don Stiernberg's material at Soundslice. The David Benedict corner of MHTW alone looks like a wealth of music.

The previous reply mentioned production quality. While I have no experience with MHTW, I can say that the video portion of the Stiernberg lessons at Soundslice are very casual. Nothing more than Don playing in front of a stationary video camera. It's good enough. The value of the lessons are in what Don says and, yes, the Soundslice technology. It's really cool and really useful. (Note: I'm one of those old guys who used to steal licks off LPs by playing them at 16 RPM).

The online lesson sites I have used include Soundslice, Artistworks, Flinner and Peghead Nation. My opinion is that for the information received and the quality and stature of the teachers, they are a bargain at full price.

First off, I would like to thank all of you that have memberships at Mandolins Heal The World. We have had a great first 18 months and look forward to growing our online mandolin lesson library as we move forward.

Coupon Codes.
    I change them up from time to time so the original post may be referring to a sale that is no longer current. When we first opened I had a coupon for mandolin cafe members which discounted a yearly membership from $250 to $200. Since then we have lowered our yearly rate to $199.99 so that code was discontinued. We currently have 2 Coupon codes (sales) going on. 2LIVE: One year membership and two live lessons via skype or facetime from me (Don Julin) for $199.99 and QTSAVE: which is a quarterly membership for $49.99 (regular price $74.99). These are both current but will not last forever as I will offer other discounts/sales in the future. To access the promo price, simply enter the code 2LIVE or QTSAVE in the promo code window located on the sign up page at MHTW.

Production Quality.
    You could say that the production quality is all over the map on these lesson videos, and that is somewhat by design. My model is to present great mandolin lessons by great mandolin teachers at an exceptional value to members, while still paying a generous royalty to the instructors. I have a nice production studio in my basement were I shoot my videos and make practice tracks but all good mandolin teachers do not have this luxury. Most do however have a smart phone and with a little guidance, can shoot very effective lesson videos with little or no production cost. So by having David Benedict, Jordan Ramsey, Tim Connell, or any of the other instructors shoot in there homes with a cell phone, (or inexpensive camera) both sides benefit making this a win-win. Students get awesome mandolin lessons from some of the best players and teachers on the scene today, and the instructors get to make a little bigger cut of the profits. If each lesson needed to be shot in a professional, climate controlled studio with multiple cameras and proper lighting, the cost of production would need to come from one side or the other, and quite simply, many of these lesson videos would not exist at all. So if you are after production value, may I suggest the halftime show of the Super Bowl, or maybe the academy awards show, or even NBC's hit TV show The Voice, but if you want to learn how to solo out of the chop chord or the proper picking pattern for Irish Triplets, or any other mandolin related knowledge, I believe that the right teacher and a cell phone video can get the job done.

For those here on the cafe that have not visited MHTW yet, most lessons include downloadable PDFs, Practice tracks, and Soundslice which is a truly amazing learning app that syncs the video with the music/tab. We also offer 8 FREE videos lesson so you can test drive it for yourself. Once again, thank you to all of you fine mandolin players/ enthusiasts that make this online mandolin community what it is.

Happy Pickin'
    Don

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Don Julin For This Useful Post: