Thread: Behind the scenes of premiere with Avi Avital at Elbphilharmonie

Default Behind the scenes of premiere with Avi Avital at Elbphilharmonie

Avi Avital recently premiered a new piece I wrote for him and a collection of all the western plucked string instruments - so mandolin, guitar, harp, theorbo/lute and harpsichord. I made a vlog about the rehearsal process and what goes on in the lead up to the premiere of a new piece. I've worked with Avi numerous times over the past few years and find him one of the most inspirational musicians I know, always a joy to work with, always curious, always open. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GvvqVC1D-8
    Enjoy! David

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to davidbrucecomposer For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Behind the scenes of premiere with Avi Avital at Elbphilharm

I wish I was at that premiere. It sounds like a fun piece. Is it likely to be recorded soon?
    I will visit the Elbphilharmonie in a couple of weeks but only to look around at the knock-out building. Tickets for performances there seem to sell out very fast.
    Kevin
    Anglocelt
    mainly Irish & Scottish but open to all dance-oriented melodic music.
    Mandos: Gibson A2, Janish A5, Krishot F5, Taran Springwell, Shippey, Weber Elite A5; TM and OM by Dave Gregory, J E Dallas, Tobin & Davidson.

Default Re: Behind the scenes of premiere with Avi Avital at Elbphilharm

Thanks. The concert was recorded for broadcast, but I don't have the date yet. I will post a link on my website when I get it. The building is pretty spectacular, and yes, they said at the moment about 50% of tickets are bought by people who just want to get to see the building and don't care what the music is. The small hall we were in certainly sounded great.