Thread: Missing Thread(s?)

Default Missing Thread(s?)

I know there are some server issues etc. This may be a totally unrelated matter.
    About the time the site went down for the first time, at least one thread that I know of disappeared. As of 1840 EST today it has not resurfaced.

The thread name was something like: Famous People You've Played With. Not sure of the exact name. Also not sure if anyone really cares about this. Just thought I'd mention it in case it helps with the reboot.

Looks like member comments/questions are not wanted in the 'New Server' sticky thread so I started a new one. Hope that's ok.
    "I play BG so that's what I can talk intelligently about." A line I loved and pirated from Mandoplumb

Default Re: Missing Thread(s?)

You are correct. It was called "I played with....".

3. The following members say thank you to barry for this post:

I think it was an imaginary thread. None of those stories were actually true but the posters all dreamt them or fantasized.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim Garber For This Useful Post:

It may or may not reappear after everything is restored. Scott and Dan are working on getting as much back as they can.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

7. The following members say thank you to MikeEdgerton for this post:

Blog Entries

There's good news and bad news.

Good news, we're on the new server now and my future career as a driver for Uber has been delayed.

Bad news. That discussion appears to have vanished in thin air. It was nowhere to be found so it must have occurred at just the wrong moment in time.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post:

I thought about posting on that thread, just as well, no need to hear my boring stories.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
    There's good news and bad news.

Good news, we're on the new server now and my future career as a driver for Uber has been delayed.

Bad news. That discussion appears to have vanished in thin air. It was nowhere to be found so it must havce occurred at just the wrong moment in time.
    Lol

For a very brief moment I thought i had found the entry portal to a parallel universe Mandolin Cafe but it was only Bizarro World Mandolin Cafe. Oh well...
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1