Thread: Homemade Wine tab?

Default Homemade Wine tab?

I have just become introduced to the Gibson Brothers Homemade Wine. GREAT tune, but I can’t find tab anywhere. Can anybody help here? Also, a few of us are disagreeing on the timing, some say straight 4/4 throughout, others 3/4-4/4-3/4-4/4. One guy says it’s BG so has to be 4/4 throughout. That doesn’t seem like rule, is it?

Default Homemade Wine tab?

I have just become introduced to the Gibson Brothers Homemade Wine. GREAT tune, but I can’t find tab anywhere. Can anybody help here? Also, a few of us are disagreeing on the timing, some say straight 4/4 throughout, others 3/4-4/4-3/4-4/4. One guy says it’s BG so has to be 4/4 throughout. That doesn’t seem like rule, is it?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Homemade Wine tab?

I have merged these two threads.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Cool tune! It has a "crooked" feel. For me, these tunes are much easier to play than to try to count. In other words the groove is easier to lock in on and play than it is to explain.

I think the verses and breaks have a 4 beat measure followed by one 2 beat measure then two more 4 beat measures.
    1234 12 1234 1234 repeat

The chorus has eight 4 beat measures followed by one of the crooked verse patterns
    1234 1234 1234 1234
    1234 1234 1234 1234
    1234 12 1234 1234

It might be even easier to just count to 2 on all this. There are no rules

5. The following members say thank you to Ky Slim for this post:

I count verses in 7/4 (with a 4/4 +3/4 feel) and the chorus in straight 4/4 except the last measure of 7/4. Breaks are on the verse form in 7/4.
    I could be wrong. I only listened to it once and it is 5:30 in the morning and I have not had any coffee yet.

7. The following members say thank you to Bob Visentin for this post:

7/4. That’ll work. I counted it yesterday while at work and now realize that I doubled the tempo from how he counts it off. The way the OP said it wth a 3/4 and a 4/4 works just as well. Like I said these seem easier to play than to explain. Ymmv

Thanks, very helpful.