Thread: Hoff Alley Blues - Duncan Tritt

Default Hoff Alley Blues - Duncan Tritt

I first heard this song (Hoff Alley Blues) while on a photography forum and of course, I thought, it sounds really nice on a piano, but it could only be perfect if played on a mandolin.

I dunno', I guess that's how mandolin players think - right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWtnZ1fMNtE

So I've been searching for it with no luck at all and so I thought I'd throw it on MC and ask if anyone has heard it before? Surely I wouldn't be lucky enough to find tabs for it??

Duncan Tritt is the alleged author of this sweet tune.

Thanks!

Default Re: Hoff Alley Blues - Duncan Tritt

Wow, I just listened to this, and both the wife and I loved it. Beautiful! You are correct - mandolin carrying the melody, slow fat jazz chords on a big archtop - it would be sublime. No idea where you'd find tabs, but I might start trying to work through it. What a nice melody!
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.

Default Re: Hoff Alley Blues - Duncan Tritt

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jones View Post
    Wow, I just listened to this, and both the wife and I loved it. Beautiful! You are correct - mandolin carrying the melody, slow fat jazz chords on a big archtop - it would be sublime. No idea where you'd find tabs, but I might start trying to work through it. What a nice melody!
    I was able to converse with the guy who created the video and he said that Duncan Tritt wrote this song before the current 'digital age'...somewhere back about 1988. But...it may be released digitally in the near future. If you are successful in working through it I'd be happy to talk with you about a .pdf.

Thanks!