Thread: Humidification Question

Default Humidification Question

Here's a new question about humidification. I'm running a humidifier in my music room. Should I worry about things other than instruments. Specifically, is it OK to leave my PA speakers out in the room, or do I have to worry about how the humidity affects them? Like, can they get moldy or something?

Default Re: Humidification Question

If you run the humidity between 35% and 60% there should be no need to worry about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sblock View Post
    If you run the humidity between 35% and 60% there should be no need to worry about anything.
    +1 It gets a lot more humid where I live, I have even played in the rain with garbage bags over the speakers. I wouldn't worry about the PA. Most get left in the car/truck/van/trailer in the winter and brought into a warm place to play and they get wet from being cold and going into warm. We let them warm up as long as we can before turning anything on, but never had a problem in 40+ years.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Agree...
    Chuck

Guess I can't blame the speakers for the way my band sounds now.

Ideal humidity for humans, books, furniture, electronics, speakers and instruments is actually pretty close to one another.

The main thing is to have a good hygrometer (or a cheap one, as long as you know the calibration). And try to keep it reasonably stable.
    Robert Fear
    http://www.folkmusician.com

"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.
    " - Pete Seeger