Thread: New CD: "Precious Heroes" by Andy Irvine and Luke Plumb

Default New CD: "Precious Heroes" by Andy Irvine and Luke Plumb

I noticed a mention of this on thesession.org -- a forthcoming CD by Andy Irvine and Luke Plumb, out February 14:

http://www.andyirvine.com/albums/Precious-Heroes.html

According to that page: "The album was released in Australia in December 2016 to coincide with a tour there that Luke and Andy were playing. Now the album is available worldwide!!"

This should be of interest to mandolin and mando-family fans here. Has this been available elsewhere after the Austrailia release, or is this the first internationally available recording?

Default Re: New CD: "Precious Heroes" by Andy Irvine and Luke Plumb

Strange mix on that sample; the accompaniment seems very much to the fore and almost too predominant? I'll buy it of course... the proof of the pudding will be in the (repeated) listening
    "Danger! Do Not Touch!" must be one of the scariest things to read in Braille....

Andy told me in person last summer he was getting it remixed as he wasnt happy with the album. Very odd

This is correct Andy was unhappy with the final mix. The album that is on sale from Andy's site has been remixed, it is slightly different to the version that was on sale on tour in Oz late 2016.

Andy decided to re-record his vocal and asked Rens van der Zalm to play fiddle and guitar for a few tracks

http://www.andyirvine.com/albums/Precious-Heroes.html

Check out the album closer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjfM3eB2ctU

Bought it... but it's only had a fairly cursory listening so far, reason being I bought the Planxty "Between the Jigs and Reels - A Retrospective" with DVD and have been playing along to that non-stop in the last fortnight.
    It does sound much better than the earlier sample though.
    "Danger! Do Not Touch!" must be one of the scariest things to read in Braille....