Thread: Song A Week Social Group ~ Come Join Us!

Default Song A Week Social Group ~ Come Join Us!

Just another reminder for all you guys (and gals!) out there! In addition to the great main forum here, there is another part of this website called the social groups. You can find them by clicking on the 'Learn/Listen' link near the top right of every page. It will take you to the amazing 'social groups' that have been formed since this function was offered.

I'd like to invite you over to the Song A Week Social Group. We are a friendly bunch! We have a poll every week that our members vote on, and the winner is the official "Tune of the Week". That doesn't mean that you HAVE to learn the tune, and certainly, not in a week, if that's too much for you. Each official tune usually has several videos I've found on You Tube, and notation and TAB, if I can locate some. Our members that like to participate with videos, then will submit their rendition of the tune. We have novices all the way to professionals. The videos range from a mandolin solo, all the way to multi-tracked multi-instruments with professional quality video editing.

We also have what I call "Other Tunes". This is anything that anyone wants to submit.

I have 3 Table of Contents discussions, with clickable links, that I try to keep up near the top of the page. There's also a lengthy (but somewhat dated, since some of the info is from when we started) discussion called "New To This Group? ~ Read Me First", and I try to keep it somewhere on the first page of discussions. It gives you a general rundown of how the group operates.

Come check it out! We'd love for you to join us..... with your questions, with your comments, with your videos.... or just silently availing yourself to this huge resource!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barbara Shultz For This Useful Post: