Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: small workbench

Default Re: small workbench

A little after action review and resolution of the thread.

So i went with the 2'x 4' bench from Grizzley. It had "BULLETS.COM" stenciled on the front. i figured there would be numerous issues, such as gaps in the joints, dowels too short and way to small, not the best hardware, and was not disappointed. It took a few hours to get all the kinks worked out.

Definitely not of Sjobergs quality but is heavy enough and seems serviceable for the intended purposes. It was on sale which paid for shipping, so not a bad deal. Would recommend for those who don't mind doing some tweeking and trouble shooting. i wrote that it "had" bullets.com on it, but since they kinda done me wrong the name come off.

Apparently grizzley.com and bullets.com have common ownership. I never heard of bullets.com until you posted this.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

Mediocre but OK with that Paul Busman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEdgerton View Post
    Harbor Freight. Sign up for the e-mail coupons and save even more. 2X4 is pretty small. I'd be tempted to modify one of the 2X6 wooden benches myself.

https://www.harborfreight.com/catalo...Cf&q=workbench
    I have one of those and it's quite nice,especially for the price. It would be hard to cut down though because of the drawers.
    For wooden musical fun that doesn't involve strumming, check out:
    www.busmanwhistles.com
    Handcrafted pennywhistles in exotic hardwoods.

I have a couple large workbenches I made. One from an old door and one from a discarded dining room table. But, for some small jobs I work on top of the washer and dryer in the laundry room. A few years ago I bought some 1/2 inch x 16 x 22 rubber pads from Sears that are used to line tool boxes. They work great to protect both the instrument and the top of the washer and dryer. I use a neck support, also. Obviously, the neck will hang over the "bench" if you are working on a guitar, but that is fine. And, it is a good working height. How's that for cheap?