Thread: B4 Getting my Weber Black Ice this was my 1st Mandolin

Thumbs up B4 Getting my Weber Black Ice this was my 1st Mandolin

What is the comparable Model now in Kentucky's product offerings, to my Kentucky KM380? I bought it used in Tallahassee, and believe it's all solid wood.

Will never part with it as I keep it in my car for long red lights and pit stops waiting for the kids........................ and festivals as I don't trust myself bringing the Weber to a 4 day fest with lots of "activities".

Thanks

Default Re: B4 Getting my Weber Black Ice this was my 1st Mandolin

Really, no one knows what is comparable to the KM380? Any response is appreciated, thought we were all friendly folks.

We are, Shawn; it's just that those of us without information pertaining to Kentucky KM-380's, don't want to clutter up a serious search for info, with our uninformed postings.

I'm sure when someone with the necessary experience finds this thread, he/she will jump in.

Might I make a suggestion? If you're looking for info about a Kentucky KM-380, wouldn't hurt to put "Kentucky KM-380" in the thread title. I clicked on it because I'm interested in the Weber Black Ice, and that's how I found out you were asking about the Kentucky. Perhaps some people who could help, have passed the thread by, not knowing what mandolin you were researching.

Just my 2¢.
    Allen Hopkins
    Gibsn: '54 F5 3pt F2 A-N Custm K1 m'cello
    Natl Triolian Dobro mando
    Victoria b-back Merrill alumnm b-back
    H-O mandolinetto
    Stradolin Vega banjolin
    Sobell'dola Washburn b-back'dola
    Eastmn: 615'dola 805 m'cello
    Flatiron 3K OM

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allenhopkins For This Useful Post:

I did a little research. At Reverb, 3 years ago, a used KM 380 appears to have sold for $299.00 with free shipping. The seller said the retail new was $650.00. At Ron's Pickin' Parlor in NC he sold one, new, listed at $487.50. These are described as being all solid wood and hand carved, with a Rosewood Fingerboard. Fully bound, with a Rosewood bridge. Not certain of the dating on this one, at Ron's. Folk Musician describes the KM-380 as discontinued.
    If I was going to guess, I'd say this was in the ballpark of the KM-250, 252, 256 series of Kentucky mandolins, of today. Really not a bad starter mandolin at all. I wouldn't go as high as the 500 series as those have Ebony boards and bridges.
    Ray Dearstone #009 D1A (1999)
    Skip Kelley #063 Offset Two Point (2017)
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)
    Hohner and Seydel Harmonicas (various keys)

"Heck, Jimmy Martin don't even believe in Santy Claus!"