Thread: Billy Strings, Rams Head, Annapolis MD, 8PM January 23rd.

Default Billy Strings, Rams Head, Annapolis MD, 8PM January 23rd.

Going to Rams Head Annapolis MD to see Billy Strings and his band, Tuesday January 23rd. 8 PM. Wondered if any Cafe Members will be there? Two of the past three shows I've seen there, I've run into Cafe members. Both times I sat either next to them or at the same table. Anyway, I'll be wearing my Cafe hat with the sort of denim front. Really excited about this show. They do some pretty good traditional stuff (as well as progressive) with a really high energy style.
    Ray Dearstone #009 D1A (1999)
    Skip Kelley #063 Offset Two Point (2017)
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)
    Hohner and Seydel Harmonicas (various keys)

"Heck, Jimmy Martin don't even believe in Santy Claus!"

Default Re: Billy Strings, Rams Head, Annapolis MD, 8PM January 23rd.

Turned out to be a great show. One of the better live performances I've seen in some time. A local Baltimore band called the "Dirty Grass Players" opened the show. Standard 5 piece Bluegrass lineup. Their fiddle player was their most outstanding musician. They were all very good, but the fiddler definitely stood out. The mandolin player, played a Breedlove F-style with a red toner finish. The finish was identical to my Legacy OF. This opening act played a good mix of traditional and progressive Grass, along with some of their own originals. They didn't have a dominant lead singer, but shared the lead. However, their 3 part harmonies were very good. They performed with a lot of enthusiasm and the crowd really liked them.
    Billy Strings did a great set. Over an hour and a half. He was minus a fiddler from his usual lineup. His mandolin guy played a Gibson. Must have been a newer model cause it didn't look played much. The group did a good mixture of traditional and progressive stuff also. Enthusiasm is Billy's middle name. He really got the crowd going also. What a showman. It was well worth the 25 dollar cover.
    Ray Dearstone #009 D1A (1999)
    Skip Kelley #063 Offset Two Point (2017)
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)
    Hohner and Seydel Harmonicas (various keys)

"Heck, Jimmy Martin don't even believe in Santy Claus!"

Registered User grassrootphilosopher's Avatar

Default Re: Billy Strings, Rams Head, Annapolis MD, 8PM January 23rd.

I like a well written report like yours.
    Olaf

4. The following members say thank you to grassrootphilosopher for this post: