Thread: Rigel mandolin

Default Rigel mandolin

Ciao, sorry if I do speak bad English well I use an online translator. I write from Rome Italy and I would like to ask the value of a mandolin of my property bought new many years ago in the USA with shipping to Italy. The brand is Rigel and the G5 model with case without pickguard (I asked for this option) the conditions are the same as new because played a few hours and kept at home (I play the guitar). Thanks to those who want to send back and greetings to everyone.

Last edited by valevittti; Jan-04-2018 at 5:37am. Reason: Photo

Default Re: Rigel mandolin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7472.JPG 
Views:	333 
Size:	361.4 KB 
ID:	163720

3. The following members say thank you to valevittti for this post:

That's a beauty! Not sure what they're worth but I do know it's not everyday you see one for sale.
    That particular model i don't think is available anywhere at the moment...

You may want to try contacting Trevor at www.theacousticmusicco.co.uk. He has had at least one in his shop in the UK and would have an idea of the value. You could also try contacting Pete himself at www.rigelinstruments.com. The price for a new one on his site is $7,800. And that does not get it to Rome.

I live not far from Pete and have played just about all of the styles he has made. The G-5s are very nice instruments.

Your English is fine!

Good luck,

Ryk
    mandolin ~ guitar ~ banjo

"I'm convinced that playing well is not so much a technique as it is a decision. It's a commitment to do the work, strive for concentration, get strategic about advancing by steps, and push patiently forward toward the goal." Dan Crary

Thanks for the replies, I will try to contact them for sale.

In addition to the merchant kindly indicated someone can recommend an online site to sell the tool in private?
    Tanks

The Mandolin Cafe classifieds.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

All ten thumbs up for Mike's suggestion.

You have a rare instrument - you're in Europe - What better place than in the classifieds of an international mandolin community?

Plus .... the Classifieds work.

Ryk

"I'm convinced that playing well is not so much a technique as it is a decision. It's a commitment to do the work, strive for concentration, get strategic about advancing by steps, and push patiently forward toward the goal." Dan Crary

I apologize but I did not find a sales announcements section in the forum, help me
    thanks

Here's the link to the "Classifieds": https://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin...lassifieds.cgi

The top left tab is "Submit an Ad"

You take it from there,

Ryk

There's a particular G5 that's been listed multiple times on the Cafe Classifieds and eBay at prices as low as US$2800 (2327 euro) and to my knowledge it hasn't sold.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by mrmando View Post
    There's a particular G5 that's been listed multiple times on the Cafe Classifieds and eBay at prices as low as US$2800 (2327 euro) and to my knowledge it hasn't sold.
    I do not know I'll go looking but if you were really at 2300 euros I would buy another because I paid much more than double years ago!

Hello everyone, I can not contact Pete through the Rigel website, I wrote to him but I did not have any answer, does anyone know and can help me?
    I put some new strings on the G5 and I fell in love with the sound so I start thinking that I could keep the mandolin for myself ... but I would like to ask Pete if he sends me a pickguard to keep with me.
    Thank you all
    Sandro

I think there would be plenty in Europe who would love to have a nice mandolin like that. Asking someone in the US a value of an instrument here will not get you a true European value. I agree the dealers in Europe would be the best bet. But your mandolin is paid for, so I vote keep it.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Yeah, that's a beaut and I think a dream mando for many around here.

Generally speaking 50% off retail is a good place to start with pricing. You can probably do better since there are not many in the wild and probably fewer over that side of the pond, but keep in mind that the higher the value of the thing the fewer potential customers and the longer the sales cycle. A $500,000 Lamborghini at 50% off is $250,000 - a deal for a Lambo but still a limited market as not many have that kind of disposable income and if they do they'll probably buy new.

If you are a picker and it's bought and paid for then I say enjoy it for all its worth.

Welcome to the Cafe.
    VerneAndru.com | oKee.ComX

- ---==< V >==--- -

I too tried to contact him through his website and got no answer.