Thread: Another gem of a performance :-)

Default Another gem of a performance :-)

Greetings, mando-friends worldwide.

I recently received an absolutely lovely recording of my Perípatos by the Melbourne Mandolin Orchestra. The entire program's thematic title is "Journeys"; the performance was given on April 15th of this year at St. George's Centre in Malvern.

I am not sure whether this recording is more broadly available but, if the MMO ever posts any part of this concert on the Social Media, I would recommend it most enthusiastically. Speaking of my own work, the MMO plays it with all the warmth and heart it calls for.

Three cheers for our mando-friends of Melbourne!

Victor
    It is not man that lives but his work. (Ioannis Kapodistrias)

2. The following members say thank you to vkioulaphides for this post:

Default Re: Another gem of a performance :-)

We're working on Peripatos in the Oregon MO, Victor. I just got a 1911 K4 and can't wait to try the mandocello part on that. Any chance you will be at CMSA this year?

Default Re: Another gem of a performance :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc James View Post
    We're working on Peripatos in the Oregon MO, Victor. I just got a 1911 K4 and can't wait to try the mandocello part on that. Any chance you will be at CMSA this year?
    Wonderful! Each and every time I listen to performances by plucked ensembles, I am truly amazed by the near-universal, high quality of playing among our present-day mandolin orchestras. I have no doubt that the Oregon MO will also do a brilliant job.

Alas, for as much as I would have loved to participate again in the CMSA Convention, life has gotten a bit too, ah... out-of-hand kind of busy lately. I hope to remedy this ASAP but, for now, I am running around like the proverbial, decapitated chicken

Cheers,

Victor
    It is not man that lives but his work. (Ioannis Kapodistrias)