Thread: Gibson A in Beaverton, OR

Blog Entries

Default Gibson A in Beaverton, OR

I know its not up on the internet (that I am aware of anyway), so call it an "etc." --if you are in the Portland OR area and are scouting for a nice looking teens-era Gibson A, there is one at Five Star Guitars in Beaverton. Been refinished, but very nice looking with original hardware. Sounds good too. I just noticed it today when I was in the store to see their luthier. It's hard to miss, hanging up between two Savannahs. It is on consignment, asking $1100.

FWIW and BTW, NFI. I mention it only because I never really think about that store as a source for better quality mandolins and it was a shock to see it there. I have seen quite a few The Loars and Savannahs pass through there though.

It's an A(no number) model.
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

Worlds ok-ist mando playr Zach Wilson's Avatar

Default Re: Gibson A in Beaverton, OR

Neato! I was thinking about taking a trip down there from Seattle in a month or so. Maybe it will still be around??? If not that's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Wilson View Post
    Neato! I was thinking about taking a trip down there from Seattle in a month or so. Maybe it will still be around??? If not that's alright.
    Well, Zach, if it's not still around then, let me know, as I've got a '27 A-jr. and Girouard Garcia you're welcome to sample- (and the Garcia's even for sale...)

$1100 is pretty steep for a refinished A.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls