Thread: Vega bowl back

Default Vega bowl back

By no means I'm looking for a buyer, the classifieds are for that. However I am looking for a value for the Vega bowlback. It was donated to a local theatre and needed some work to repair a couple seams that came loose and a couple tuner gears. The seam repair went perfect and the tuners are now working. Over all the mandolin is in great shape, just has not been played in a long time. It even has the original leather case.

Whatcha think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_2280.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	163512 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_2286.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	163513
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_2289.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	293.5 KB 
ID:	163514 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_2290.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	434.4 KB 
ID:	163515

Blog Entries

Default Re: Vega bowl back

That case ought to add considerably to the value. If it is in as good shape as the mandolin appears to be, I would guess $450 if you wait for the right buyer. $350 ought to move it with no problem.

I'm not an expert. But I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once. (And I did pay $300 +s/h for a 1913 Vega Bowlback two years ago.)
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com