Thread: the joy of Christmas giving.

Default the joy of Christmas giving.

at Christmas time me & the wife like to give to people in need. one of our favorites is Saint Jude, we give all year long plus a gift for Christmas. plus coats for our Churches coat drive & food for the food banks & my wife likes to give to the Vets. how about here does anyone have a favorite charity they like to give to this time of year. an by the way I hope all here are healthy & happy for Christmas, Gods blessings to all here.

2. The following members say thank you to mandolin tony for this post:

Registered User Sherry Cadenhead's Avatar

Default Re: the joy of Christmas giving.

Aside from church, my husband and I support the angel tree this time of year. Throughout the year we support our former denomination's youth camp, our local food pantry and Friends of the Irving Library, where I serve on the board. We both volunteer at the local hospital.

good morning Sherry, Angel tree that's a good one to give to. we must put it on our radar.

Saint Judes !!!

Animal shelters.
    "The paths of experimentation twist and turn through mountains of miscalculations, and often lose themselves in error and darkness!"
    --Leslie Daniel, "The Brain That Wouldn't Die."

Some tunes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa1...SV2qtug/videos

no kill animal shelters are great. we got our dog from one.

===========

To make a long story short - while bringing back my special-needs daughter from a trip to the hospital, she saw some of those 'Star Shower' lights shining on a nearby house and casually mentioned how much she liked them. On Christmas Eve I went out and bought one of the units, snuck into her yard, set it up, and left before she knew it was me who did it. Her mother reported that very shortly afterwards she went outside, saw the lights and simply said "AWESOME!"

That was my joy of giving for 2017.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeZito For This Useful Post:

Our church and the wife and I personally support a deaf ministry (Con Mis Manos) in Mexico. Didn’t get to make the trip to take the kids Christmas shopping with the group from our church this year. But sent money with the leader. And support 2, 4th Grade students in a Christian school in Haiti that my daughter, Granddaughter and I visited and helped as teacher’s aide earlier this fall. (Sonlight Academy) With a little extra sent for Christmas.

Worlds ok-ist mando playr Zach Wilson's Avatar

I'm really digging these stories of giving!

Keep um coming 🤓

We have The Second Harvest Food Bank. Hard to imagine hungry children after seeing what a two year old can eat.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

I support my church, the local food pantry, and I have supported (and still do) 4 children through Compassion International for the last 13 years. I want to add St Jude's Children's Research Hospital at some time in the future.

We save our spare change into a couple of jars and at Christmas we take them to the bank and have them run it through their change counter. This year we gave to the Salvation Army. We give to a different charity each Christmas.

happy new years to all here. I would just like to say I need nothing. our house is paid off & the heating pluming & electrical system are up to NYC code thank God. the only thing I will say it would be nice to have a new or newer car. the old one is starting to be a money pit. funny the older I get the more I like helping people in need. it makes me feel good inside. plus it kills me to see those little baby's with cancer, I pray to God that they will all be cured & one day there will be no more cancer.

16. The following members say thank you to mandolin tony for this post:

I tend to give more at other times of the year—too many other bills due in November/December. Mainly to arts and educational organizations, and I prefer to give to smaller, local outfits. I can't write huge checks, and I figure the smaller-budget organizations get more benefit from a smaller donation than the multi-million dollar causes.

Compassion International
    Soup Kitchen
    Church
    Diabetes foundation
    Federal Government
    Do these all year long, Christmas is a great time of year to give but the needy, need year around. The greedy take all the time.
    May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, May God turn their hearts;
    And if He doesn't turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles, So we will know them by their limping.

amen mgap, your so right. that's why we give to Saint Jude's all year long. I would love to see the day when no child suffers from cancer anymore.