Thread: Trying to get an attachment

Default Trying to get an attachment

I’m trying to retrieve a picture from attachments which were submitted to the forum before, and I found the picture that I wanted to use again, but it isn’t able to be saved so that I can reuse it in another location outside of the forum. It would be great if one of you administrators would help me know how to grab an attached photo from a previous posting, and save it locally, so that I can use it elsewhere.
    Breedlove Crossover FF SB
    “The weather was so bad even my iPhone was shaking!”
    -SDC

Default Re: Trying to get an attachment

Can't you just right click on it and save it? I just did it with the picture of that Breedlove you posted.

The picture was not able to be saved. When I asked for the right click menu it said “cannot save.” It’s an attachment from an earlier thread perhaps years ago, which is still in the forums database. The picture you were able to click on was in that particular thread. I guess I would have to find the thread that has the picture that I’m trying to retrieve, and try to save it from there, but I have not been successful in finding that thread. I have to go back quite a few years and quite a few threads, to see if I can find it. I stumbled on it in the “manage attachments” option. It is not part of my photo album in my profile.
    -SDC

Yes, right click should work, I just did the iPad equivalent on a photo and saved it.

Try the Snipping tool? I find that to be very useful.
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

If one of you administrators would like to try to retrieve this picture for me, and send it to me via email, that would be a wonderful thing. It’s a picture of myself holding a Mandolin, and a buddy of mine, seated, playing the guitar and I’m slightly kneeling to his left. It’s a living room setting. It’s the only picture like that in the bunch of archived pictures in this forum.

NOTE FROM ADMIN: There are over 22 Gigabytes of images attached to this forum - several hundred thousand. Downloading of images is an individual computer user's task, not an issue related to this forum's software or features. There are no software barriers to prevent downloading and use of images that appear on the forum. Suggest a Google search on "how to download images from web pages" for further assistance beyond what should be enough already answered above.
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Dec-18-2017 at 3:40pm. Reason: This is not a Forum software support issue.
    -SDC