Thread: Mando tab for the Beatles Norwegian Wood

Default Mando tab for the Beatles Norwegian Wood

Hi, Does any have tab and chords for Norwegian Wood. Can anyone write it out or give me a link to the tab? Thanks!

Default Re: Mando tab for the Beatles Norwegian Wood

3. The following members say thank you to mjpetrie for this post:

Quite rudimentary, but it is a place to start.

5. The following members say thank you to mjpetrie for this post:

There's a couple of tabs at Mandozine: intermediate-stangeland and advanced-gilbert.

String-Bending Heretic mandocrucian's Avatar

Use your ears, (and/or) learn to read standard notation.

Then go to the library (or Amazon or Ebay) and check out/buy a copy of The Beatles: Complete Scores. See exactly what every instrument played in every song they ever recorded. The bass lines are there, the rhythm guitar voicings/rhythms are there. Do you want to learn the "In My Life" harpsichord solo or the pocket trumpet part in "Penny Lane"? How about Clapton's lead guitar solo for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"?

My wife gave me a copy of the Scores book for Christmas in 95 or 96. I used to take it down to the basement where I had my midi organ (foot) bass pedals and my one-foot drum/percussion rig all set up and try to play the bass lines and a somewhat stripped-down drumkit part underneath something close (different tuning, you know) to the rhythm guitar played on mando at the same time. Really taught me a LOT about how the various parts of the rhythm section interact and lock together. Also had a book that broke down the rhythm section grooves/parts of a bunch of R&B/soul standards. (After those workouts, I couldn't care less about "the chop" anymore.)

You can find used copies of Complete Scores for $25-35 if you keep looking.
    https://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Compl...40_&dpSrc=srch

NH

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mandocrucian For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mandocrucian View Post
    Use your ears, (and/or) learn to read standard notation.

Then go to the library (or Amazon or Ebay) and check out/buy a copy of The Beatles: Complete Scores. See exactly what every instrument played in every song they ever recorded. The bass lines are there, the rhythm guitar voicings/rhythms are there. Do you want to learn the "In My Life" harpsichord solo or the pocket trumpet part in "Penny Lane"? How about Clapton's lead guitar solo for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."

NH
    Ditto on this recommendation. This is the book to get for anyone wanting to dive into Beatles tunes and learn the vocal and instrumental parts. Even shows the sitar drones.

Worlds ok-ist mando playr Zach Wilson's Avatar

I agree with the above mentions for getting The Complete Scores. It is a worthy book.

But also, this simple book, which I just received, isn't to bad if you just want simple leads, chords and melodies for some of the Beatles more popular tunes. Also, also- it's all tabbed for mandolin.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/books-sheet-music-media/hal-leonard-the-beatles-for-mandolin/h67289000000000?cntry=us&source=3WWMWXGP&gclid=Cjw KCAiAjuPRBRBxEiwAeQ2QPsv0nUDImz2dGqtzwNZ5u5I2mH61o sqMB9dg7yx3vbPq7Y_IBtg8lRoCgA4QAvD_BwE&kwid=produc tads-adid^221925979422-device^m-plaid^357462800159-sku^H67289000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA