Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Gilchrists land at Carter Vintage Guitars

Default Re: New Gilchrists land at Carter Vintage Guitars

Quote Originally Posted by HarrisonMandolin View Post
    I completely agree about the Model 1's from this era! I acquired one from the original 2009 batch this year and it is a spectacular instrument. Hope you enjoy your new Gil!!
    Speaking of the lil' devil here's mine with very little playing time on it; long since sold not because it wasn't an awesome mandolin but I'm always "catching and releasing".

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perry For This Useful Post:

Nice going Perry! Do you ever miss it?

I sold my model 1 a few years back and also my 5 jr (to fund other stuff) but have just replaced the 5jr with another, so it's in the cards for an M1 again some day. I do miss that little bugger...think it's just the best oval I've ever played. Steve hit it out of the park with those, so enjoy the dickens out of it Harrison, it's truly one in a million. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!...

Quote Originally Posted by mtucker View Post
    Nice going Perry! Do you ever miss it?

I sold my model 1 a few years back and also my 5 jr (to fund other stuff) but have just replaced the 5jr with another, so it's in the cards for an M1 again some day. I do miss that little bugger...think it's just the best oval I've ever played. Steve hit it out of the park with those, so enjoy the dickens out of it Harrison, it's truly one in a million. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!...
    Thanks...sometimes I wish I had it around but for what I do I prefer F holes. I have a Kimble A5 with a K&K, a Gilchrist Model 5 x braced, and a Mix A5 carbon fiber with a Scherlter and quite a few guitars. I can honestly say I have absolutely no M.A.S. I have toyed with the idea of swapping my Gil 5 for a Gil 3 and getting some cash out of the deal. I am that rare breed who prefers A shaped mandos.

Beautiful playing, Perry.

6. The following members say thank you to AlanN for this post:

Perry