Thread: Tree on house = New Epi Es339 pro NMC

Default Tree on house = New Epi Es339 pro NMC

Last Sunday a 100' tree fell lengthwise on my 45' ranch and garage. Got us real good, but we are unhurt. And lost no motorcycles or instruments. But I was in bad need of some therapy and have never had a semi-hollow electric guitar so I took the plunge and bought a brand new Epi es339 pro for 500.00. I received it yesterday and as I write my fingers are sore! This is more fun than I should be having with no heat, hot water,crushed garage, and untold roof holes. If it wasn't for music I don't know how, "I" would survive this life.

2. The following members say thank you to Frankdolin for this post:

derbex 

Default Re: Tree on house = New Epi Es339 pro NMC

I know the feeling. Good luck with the repairs and insurance and enjoy your guitar.

4. The following members say thank you to Nevin for this post:

So many awesome guitars in the ES series. I've always wanted a 335 or a Dot Studio.
    Soliver arm rested and Tone-Garded Northfield Model M with D’Addario NB 11.5-41, picked with a Wegen Bluegrass 1.4

6. The following members say thank you to MediumMando5722 for this post:

Best excuse for a new instrument I've heard in a looooong time! Hope it soothes the aggravation of the property damage.

8. The following members say thank you to Louise NM for this post:

Seems to me a great testimony to the power of music. Music reaches across many borders in our lives and here is one more testimony to that.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

10. The following members say thank you to pops1 for this post:

I could use a new guitar. I wonder if there is a smaller tree around our place that I could get to just smash part of the deck or something...
    Just kidding. Sorry for your loss. I'm glad that everyone is OK and hope that your home is repaired soon!

12. The following members say thank you to colorado_al for this post:

On Friday I bought what is essentially an exact copy of my Strat (2012 Highway One honeyburst). Figured I should have a spare just in case anything happened to the first one, which has supplanted my '77 Les Paul as my favorite guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by jefflester View Post
    On Friday I bought what is essentially an exact copy of my Strat (2012 Highway One honeyburst). Figured I should have a spare just in case anything happened to the first one, which has supplanted my '77 Les Paul as my favorite guitar.
    It's funny that before I got the Epi my only electric since 1982 has been my hardtail blonde 1977 Strat. Now I'm finding sooo many new beautifully mellow tones that I may be converted to, dare I say Gibson style sound. I am/was a Strat guy now I feel like a teenager, I'm not sure who I am. Again.