Thread: Mole In The Ground

Default Mole In The Ground

Joe Walsh does a lovely version of this tune on Sweet Loam, and I've been entranced by that tune (and the entire album) ever since I heard it. I finally got around to learning the intro and the first solo this weekend. Joe's phrasing and melodic soloing is so tasty. His Peghead Nation course is great (NFI). I was a subscriber for a year or so and learned a lot studying Joe's videos and tab. He never did this tune in that course, so I decided to tab it out myself and am sharing for anyone else who might be interested.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mole_in_the_ground-Walsh.pdf 
Views:	257 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	161920
    "Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know you can't make a living selling big trombones, no sir. Mandolin picks, perhaps..."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lukmanohnz For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Mole In The Ground

That's really kind, thanks; I'll look forward to giving this a go on my tenor guitar. I love all of Joe's tunes. Currently trying to get to grips with the instrumental "Bob's Bucket" from the same album.
    Cheers,
    Dean

4. The following members say thank you to Mandocarver for this post:

Default Re: Mole In The Ground

Quote Originally Posted by Mandocarver View Post
    That's really kind, thanks; I'll look forward to giving this a go on my tenor guitar. I love all of Joe's tunes. Currently trying to get to grips with the instrumental "Bob's Bucket" from the same album.
    Cheers,
    Dean
    Bob's Bucket's another great tune. Good luck working it out - I haven't spent a lot of time getting down that triplet feel of Celtic-style tunes so I'd have a tough time with that one. Seems like there's nothing Joe can't do, and he does it all with such great style and tone.
    "Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know you can't make a living selling big trombones, no sir. Mandolin picks, perhaps..."