Thread: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Mick Sullivan The Past and The Curious's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

I guess I'm that guy who pops in to promote something. But What I'm promoting is free and aimed at getting a younger ears aware of the Great American Songbook (and World History, Cultural Literacy, etc).

For our Halloween Episode I made a version of The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea, featuring mando, banjo, washboard, bass harmonica and some other nonsense.
    Here it is

If you want to help more people find us, all you have to do is subscribe on Apple Podcasts. Its easy, we'd appreciate it because it helps us in the rankings and that widens our potential audience (which is up to 6000/month right now!!!)
    Check out The Past and The Curious, a fun podcast for families, kids and adults who enjoy exploring the past. In addition to tales from the past, there's always an original musical performance. I play mando, guitar, and banjo and am occasionally joined by some great musicians. It's pretty good.
    On Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spoke, Soundcloud and more.

2. The following members say thank you to The Past and The Curious for this post:

Default Re: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

George Harrison does a great version of "The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea" on his posthumously released album "Brainwashed". He plays ukulele on it.

Nice rendition! bass harmonica sounds cool
    Thanks!

5. The following members say thank you to colorado_al for this post:

Don Stiernberg nails it. I can't remember if it was on Mandoboppin' or Swing 220, but check it out.