Thread: UK CD duplication services?

Default UK CD duplication services?

Anyone have any recommendations for small runs? Many thanks!

Default Re: UK CD duplication services?

Hi Tavy - I just did a quick I/net search & there's all sorts of permutations on the 'duplication' theme. I assume that you have a 'master' CD which you want duplicated ?. Here's a Co. down in Basingstoke - :- http://www.clone-media.co.uk/contact/

Unfortunately,they don't make it clear from what medium they duplicate from ie.a master CD or a 'glass master' used to press CD's,but i'd contact them anyway,they may know of some other Co.who can do the job- but beware,some Co's will only do a 'minimum' batch,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

Thanks Ivan, there are literally hundreds of companies advertising on the net, and they all seem to be coming in at about the same price. I just wondered if anyone had any experience with the quality of service/product they offer etc.

4. The following members say thank you to Tavy for this post:

I'd imagine that any reputable Co. would deliver a high quality product. If they don't, ''word'' has a way of getting around !!. It's basically - ''how many do you want'' that's the main point. Some Cos. offer a 100+ service - that's as small as they'll consider.
    I'd pick a couple & contact them,just to get a 'feel' for what's available,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

A friend of mine just gave me a cdbaby download card. He has recorded a cd but instead of printing copies of it he has registered it with cdbaby and he sells download cards each with a unique code the lets you download one copy. The card is the size of a business card with a picture of the cd cover ect. The fine print reads "Redeem this download card at www.cdbaby.com/redeem. Unique code is good for one album download, and may not be reused. No cash value. CD Baby registration, which is free, is included in the activation process. For full terms please see www.cdbaby.com/cardterms"

This might be the way to go instead of making hard copies. I have many friends who have boxes of CDs in their closets.

Blog Entries

Hi Tavy,

I've used Breed Media and Akcent Media. Both make a very good quality product. I think Akcent is happier to do smaller runs.
    I found Akcent a little more responsive in communications to my 500 unit run than Breed Media was to my 1000 unit run.

http://www.akcentmedia.com/

Hope this is helpful!
    Daniel