Thread: Any Zoom Q8 users out there?

San Francisco, CA or forgotten East Galway, take your pick.

Default Any Zoom Q8 users out there?

Just wondering if anyone has been using the Zoom Q8 video camera here? I've been hemming and hawing about getting one but took the plunge today. I need something with better sound quality for recording videos. Some reviews have raved about it and some have been disappointed with the video quality of it. Certainly from the vids I've checked out on Youtube that were filmed with it, the ones with lesser quality were also all done in low light conditions. I'll post some videos and my own review of it when it gets here.
    2012 Collings MT-O gloss top!
    2015 Ome Juniper 19 fret open back tenor banjo
    2017 Herb Taylor tenor guitar
    20?? Mid-Mo mandola

my Youtube channel
    Blog: rural.trad.punk

Registered User Gabriel Wiseman's Avatar

Default Re: Any Zoom Q8 users out there?

I have the Zoom Q2n video camera just for that purpose and it works great!! I have several gopro cameras and a DSLR but nothing beats this thing for music recording. has several field of view settings, sound settings, stereo mics, tripod mount, can import directly to your android or apple device and can also be used as a USB webcam..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/consumer-electronics/zoom-q2n-handy-video-recorder/j48412000000000?cntry=us&cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP& cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9sOFhtD t1gIVhV6GCh3WZAnJEAQYASABEgJaC_D_BwE&kwid=producta ds-adid^221957295815-device^c-plaid^323968643703-sku^J48412000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

Cant beat it music video stuff.
    Gabriel Wiseman
    Northfield Master Model #70
    Eastman 305

3. The following members say thank you to Gabriel Wiseman for this post:

San Francisco, CA or forgotten East Galway, take your pick.

Great to hear! I too have a GoPro that I use mainly for work purposes, but sound wise it just doesn't cut it for filming music!
    2012 Collings MT-O gloss top!
    2015 Ome Juniper 19 fret open back tenor banjo
    2017 Herb Taylor tenor guitar
    20?? Mid-Mo mandola

my Youtube channel
    Blog: rural.trad.punk

I have the Zoom H2n which I use as my main recording microphone, it's especially good for recording ambient noises in the field. I think the Zoom Q2n is essentially the same as the H2n with the addition of an HD camera, I'm interested in getting the Q2n or Q8 myself based on my good experiences with the H2n.