Thread: Bluegrass Pick in St. Charles, IL

Default Bluegrass Pick in St. Charles, IL

Hello all. I am working on getting a regular pick setup for beginner/intermediate pickers. It would be at Old Towne Pub in Wasco (West side of St. Charles). If interested please message me for more details.

Thanks,
    Dave

Default Re: Bluegrass Pick in St. Charles, IL

Is this going on? I live on the nw side of Chicago but would make the trek for a jam

This hasn’t started yet however there are two different jams that occur every Saturday morning. One is in Naperville and the other in Oak Park. Both are year round with and indoor place to pick. Check out the Facebook groups called Naperville Riverwalk Pickers (that’s the one I have been going to) and Oak Park Farmers Market Music.

Winter time Naperville is in the Alfred Rubin Center next to the library on Saturday mornings from 8-12.

Winter time in Oak Park is at a coffee shop called Buzz Cafe right by the Lombard (Austin) blueline stop. It’s in the mornings but I’m not sure what times.

I also know there is a jam class in Berwyn that is pretty awesome. I took the last one and learned a lot! It’s 8 weeks taught by Jeff Burke at Friendly’s in Berwyn. This is Wednesday nights from 6 (or 6:30) - 9 and he has space open if you are interested.

Dave

I know Jeff! I took the jam class with him in Evanston. There are jams at the Evanston Legion Hall once a month on Sundays. Next one is Feb 18