Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluegrass and Snapchat

Default Re: Bluegrass and Snapchat

I think I was not totally dismissive in my response, I simply stated that it was not my preferred method of learning. Excuse me if I was harsh.
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by Teak View Post
    Yeah, I was hoping to follow Abe's Instagram account but that idea got shot down.
    Well, it's nice to have someone share the corner! Nice to see you Teak!
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

3. The following members say thank you to Timbofood for this post:

Teak 

Blog Entries

Ya'll don't be making fun of Abe and the internet of that time. It was inspiring. Web servers of his day were powered by potatoes. Don't think it's possible? Google it. This was long before genetic manipulation of potatoes so they had a lot more "juice" back then, more electrical power. They were hotter. Hence the saying "like a hot potato."

Name:  327bdcfacd03870a6681c733726b3491--about-abraham-lincoln-twisted-humor.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  28.1 KB

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

I suppose it could be a great way to organise your band rehearsals & bash ideas about for up coming gigs etc especially if you all live and work in different places. Email chains can get really cumbersome and you end up with all those headers/indenting etc which gets messy.
    If you were a high profile act collaborating on lyrics, a screenplay, or similar project where leaving an email chain on different servers could risk giving the game away etc it could be a useful tool.
    For bands I could see it being a good way to create a buzz about last minute or surprise gigs, meet ups with fans, flash mobs, ticket discounts, offer codes, cancellations etc. People would feel like they’re part of an ‘in’ group or scene, in a way it would be a bit like those 1960 & ‘70s word of mouth gigs & happenings used to create a trendy set, much like modern day “influencers” who create a buzz around things.

I’m not sure our wee corner of the music world has quite caught up with the possibilities yet though.
    Ironically, given our reactions and feeling that modern devices and communications remove us from reality, it would seem to me that transient communication media like Snapchat could be more likely to be connected to real-world interactions, than more passive and persistent marketing oriented ones like FB or websites.
    Eoin

"Forget that anyone is listening to you and always listen to yourself" - Fryderyk Chopin

This current thread is starting to devolve into this former thread. https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/s...71#post1598571
    "Those who know don't have the words to tell, and the ones with the words don't know so well." - Bruce Cockburn

8. The following members say thank you to Teak for this post: