Thread: The Colonel Sanders Mandolin Band

Default The Colonel Sanders Mandolin Band

2. The following members say thank you to John Aubuchon for this post:

Default Re: The Colonel Sanders Mandolin Band

I have a copy of that album. Got it from a friend in Knoxville. But, alas, I've never listened to it. I'd have to drag a turntable up from the basement and haven't felt the urge.

4. The following members say thank you to Dale Ludewig for this post:

There is a KFC in Roanoke, Va. that has a wall with pictures of that band and an album hanging on it. Appears to be the biggest lot of Kay mandolins ever assembled.(LOL) I've always wanted to grab that album off the wall take it home and play it. Would love to hear it.

6. The following members say thank you to Mandoplumb for this post:

Mick Sullivan The Past and The Curious's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Their corporate HQ is in Louisville, where I live. I've been hired for a few gigs there. One that didn't quite happen was supposed to mimic this album cover. I think it was when they debuted the new "rotating comedian as the Colonel" ad campaign. They originally wanted a bunch of mandolin players dressed as they were on the album. Wound up just using a more traditional instrumentation.

I also do some tours at the local historical cemetery where the Colonel is buried. He gets so many visitors trying to find him that they painted a line from the entrance to his grave. But I think he's been eclipsed by Muhammad Ali now, who lies nearby (and who has a second directional line of his own).
    Check out The Past and The Curious, a fun podcast for families, kids and adults who enjoy exploring the past. In addition to tales from the past, there's always an original musical performance. I play mando, guitar, and banjo and am occasionally joined by some great musicians. It's pretty good.
    On Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spoke, Soundcloud and more.

8. The following members say thank you to The Past and The Curious for this post: