Thread: Jazzmando.com not accessible from Israel?

Default Jazzmando.com not accessible from Israel?

During several years I have tried browsing from time to time to various pages on jazzmando.com and never succeeded. I tried it on different computers and devices and from several cities in Israel, with no success.

Is there some known issue here?

I always get this:

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at http://jazzmando.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Search Google for jazzmando

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

Default Re: Jazzmando.com not accessible from Israel?

A past discussion on the subject is here. The error you are getting suggests a DNS issue. It's a little strange that when I ping the site the IP address that is being returned is the IP address of the name server.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

Thanks Mike,
    As you suggested, I read this thread. No help there, besides mentioning that Jazzmando has very unusual "security" policy. Seems that Switzerland used to be blocked but recently they unblocked it
    I guess Israel is considered unsafe for Jazz or for Mandolins.
    I asked in that thread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevelos View Post
    Thanks Mike,
    As you suggested, I read this thread. No help there, besides mentioning that Jazzmando has very unusual "security" policy. Seems that Switzerland used to be blocked but recently they unblocked it
    I guess Israel is considered unsafe for Jazz or for Mandolins.
    I asked in that thread as well.
    FWIW, I tried running my own website for a while, and at first I went nuts poring through the logs and banning IP addresses of repeat offenders who had tried to do various nefarious things (nothing personal, they were just bots running on virus-infected computers that scan the entire internet looking for vulnerabilities). It got to the point of ridiculousness where I'd get so many problems from certain geographical areas that I'd just ban entire ranges of IP addresses which essentially blocked entire countries.

Eventually I was like, "well what do I have here, a website for the U.S. only?" That was *not* what I wanted. Not to mention all the U.S.-based IP addresses I banned from a certain big internet-service provider who seemed to generate an unusually high level of inappropriate traffic (more of the "looking for vulnerabilities in the servers" thing). So I unbanned all the previously-banned IP ranges to see what would happen. I let that run for a while but eventually I lost interest in maintaining a website at all. I figured I could probably "get by" by just putting stuff on YouTube, so I ditched the website (it had never amounted to much anyway, probably because I had most of the world banned, LOL).

So I have no idea what's up with Jazzmando (it works here), but I can certainly understand the temptation to just ban entire blocks of IP addresses when there are too many problems coming from those. As I said, that's what I did for a while. One problem was, the IP addresses aren't exactly stable, and one address might be a source of problems for a few days and then it will drop off the radar and be replaced by others. Hard to ban a moving target whose address is constantly changing.

Jazzmando is the only site I have this problem with. In another thread a guy from Colombia wrote that he needs to use a proxy to connect to jazzmando as Colombia is blocked. I'll try that...