Thread: Dawg Latin book

Default Dawg Latin book

Just got Vol 4 of Book of the Dawg - Dawg Latin. As always, amazing material here. Great stories on each tune, like how 16/16 was named after David got back $16.16 in change and used that to title his then-unnamed composition.

Only cavet, I would have love to have seen the book include the chord formations he uses for these tunes. Yes of course the chords are named, but it would have been great to have seen what inversions he uses, and how they flow together on the mandolin fingerboard. David's rhythm playing is just as key as his leads and solos.

Well, maybe that's Book Five: Dawg Chords!

Thanks, David, for a lifetime of amazing and inspiring music. I'll be adding a couple of these tunes to my band's performance repertoire.

2. The following members say thank you to mcgroup53 for this post:

Default Re: Dawg Latin book

Can't remember where but I once read that the title for "Opus 57" came from the label on a can of Heinz "Soup".

Default Re: Dawg Latin book

Ray,

Actually it was the late, great Bill Keith who pointed out (on stage in Japan in 1976) that the word "opus" was an anagram for the word "soup" and therefore he concluded that it, combined with the number 57, was a reference to Heinz soup!

Cheers, Dawg

p.s. There are only 2 days left for Frank Vignola's GoFundMe campaign and it is less than $2,000.00 from meeting its goal.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dawg For This Useful Post: