Thread: Subscribe to blog

Blog Entries

Default Subscribe to blog

I 'subscribed' to a blog months ago, expecting that I would be notified somehow when it was updated. So far, I have not noticed any notifications or emails despite its being updated. So, I guess my question is what does 'subscribing' actually do or result in? Or maybe what am I missing?
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: Subscribe to blog

Check the blog you've subscribed to. If there isn't a link that now says "Unsubscribe from this Blog" then you were never subscribed. This is the most common mistake.

The process should be:

Subscribe to this Blog > Notification Type (make a selection) > then click "Add Subscription"

If you leave off the last step you aren't subscribed.

Subscribing only reports new blog entries by the individual, it doesn't send notices of posts made.

Two other errors that are possible:

1) be sure your email address associated with your account is accurate, up to date and works. There are hundreds of accounts throughout with email addresses that are no longer valid. You check your own address here, but only if logged in.

2) Always check your spam folder, often.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Subscribe to blog

Well, it looks like I must have omitted selection of notification type because I see now that I have received notifications in my profile page. My email address is OK and spam folder does not have any notifications from MC. So I unsubscribed, then subscribed again but this time made sure to specify email notification.

Thanks, Scott
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com