Thread: New Stiernberg lesson?

Default New Stiernberg lesson?

Hey all,

I remember a few months back, Don had posted on here that there was a new Soundslice lesson coming soon that focused on Jazz Mandolin Repertoire. At least that is what I think I remember (maybe it was just a dream). Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks!

Dan

Default Re: New Stiernberg lesson?

Don't see a new one on Soundslice.
    Not all the clams are at the beach

Arrow Manouche
    Arrow Jazzbo
    Arrow G
    Clark 2 point
    Gibson F5L
    Gibson A-4
    Ratliff CountryBoy A

Don has been busy with music camps this summer; I'm looking forward to seeing this course in the near future. So far, it has not been posted on Soundslice.

Hi guys thanks for being interested. I just checked with the Soundslice boys the other day and I'm told the new course will be available in September. It will be called Rhythm and Repertoire. In it we take several standard swing tune structures(Swing That Music, Some of These Days, Tiger Rag, Willow Weep For Me, I'm Old Fashioned,After You've Gone, Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter, Blues for Dixie, I've Found A New Baby,East of the Sun, Idaho,Green Dolphin St., et al)and play each one through 3 times. First time basic changes and straight ahead rhythm strokes. Second time adds color tones, connecting chords, moves around the fretboard a bit more. Third time approaches 'anything goes'--some subs, freer, more interactive or conversational rhythmic approach. Lots of ways to go about putting together a chordal rhythm part on a swing or jazz or any tune, notated in both standard and TAB with audio and video that you can control the playback tempo of. I hope you will check it out in just a few weeks.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Don Stiernberg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Don! Hubba Hubba, I can't wait!

I have really enjoyed the other 2 soundslice lessons.

Dan

Thank you danoNC,
    Rhythm and Repertoire will be the fourth course I have with Soundslice. The others are
    Swing Chords and Progressions for Mandolin
    Crafting Jazzier Solo Lines for Mandolin
    Chord Melody Etudes for Mandolin

Oops! Sorry Don. I was only thinking of the swing chords and progressions and the crafting jazzier solo lines lessons. I have not delved into the chord melody lesson yet.

Dan

Chord melody is a big part of what Don's mentor, the great Jethro Burns and his style of playing was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Stiernberg View Post
    Hi guys thanks for being interested. I just checked with the Soundslice boys the other day and I'm told the new course will be available in September.
    Great news. I look forward to it. The lessons you already have there are the best resources I have found anywhere, and the Soundslice format/viewing options are superb.