Thread: Sound Reinforcement Instruction

Default Sound Reinforcement Instruction

Anybody know of a good book or DVD that gives instruction about running sound gear? Something like "Sound Reinforcement for Dummies"? I think there are music camps that have a sound reinforcement class, but I can't remember which ones.

Default Re: Sound Reinforcement Instruction

This one has been reasonably helpful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0806171825.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	282.5 KB 
ID:	159841

Remember that a lot has changed in recent years in terms of technology - the new digital desks you can adjust with a tablet or smartphone are pretty amazing.

Set it up in your house or someplace larger if you can, play, or better yet have some one else play and turn the knobs. All the knobs and EQ sliders and listen to what they do. See what you have to do to get a good sound, turn the volume up and see what it takes to control feedback. Listen and try to remember the frequencies. Get a good sound and push the EQ sliders up one at a time and see how they effect the sound. Go down and see how that effects sound. Knowing by sound what is the problem will help you get a good sound. Don't be afraid to go out of the box. I have had times when I had to turn the bass control off to get a good sound. Do what you have to do and don't be afraid to experiment before you go out and play.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Steven Eddie started some instructables here about how to run a mixer. I hope this is helpful:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...er-soundboard/

https://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials...ip--audio-2940

Blog Entries
    Eoin

"Forget that anyone is listening to you and always listen to yourself" - Fryderyk Chopin