Thread: Lessons Duesseldorf, Germany

Default Lessons Duesseldorf, Germany

Hi,

I recently started Mandolin and would need few lessons to get started. Does anyone a teacher in Düsseldorf, Germany?

Thanks,

Robin

Default Re: Lessons Duesseldorf, Germany

Hi Robin, and welcome to the Café! :-)
    I don't know teacher in Düsseldorf, but maybe you could contact Café member Pit Lenz; maybe he knows someone. I think he's a bit more informed than I am.
    If you don't mind that he's from Cologne... ;-)

Best,
    Martin
    Mandolins: 1920s (?) Meinel & Herold Bowlback, 2006 Furch "Redwood MA-1" A5

Octaves: 2004 Fender FMO-66 Flat-Top, 2015 A. Karperien 5 String Electric

Banjos: 2007 Gold Tone IT-250F Irish Tenor, 1963 Vega Vox No. 1 Plectrum, 2016 Recording King RK-OT25 Clawhammer

Registered User grassrootphilosopher's Avatar

The recommendation of teachers depends on what genre of mandolin music you would like to learn.

For classical music there´s probably none more popular than Catharina Lichtenberg (caterinalichtenberg.com). She is located in Wuppertal if I´m not mistaken. You will learn a lot many different styles from her husband Mike Marshall either via mikemarshall.net or artistworks.com. There are some local people that might push you in the right direction (f.ex. http://www.jazzhausschule.de/j3/ange...hops/bluegrass, https://www.siwikultur.de/khb/2/1/320.htm or some others).

Find some festivals, concerts etc. where you can talk to the musicians. They will probably more helpful to put you in contact with an interesting teacher.

Good luck and have fun.
    Olaf

Thank you both, really perfect answers.
    About the genre, I would say Blues, Country and Bluegrass, what I need is someone to teach me the basics to really set me up on the right way.

Vielen Dank and have a great day.

hey Robin, shoot me a quick pm or mail if you want. let's get connected, think I have a recommendation or two. we also have a monthly jam going in Cologne (every 1st wednesday) , plenty of nice folks there...
    greets pit

Hi Robin,

I am teaching Bluegrass Mandolin & modern Styls as Dawg, Swing etc. at my shop New Acoustic Gallery in Wuppertal - pretty close to Düsseldorf!
    Here is my web site: www.n-a-g.info

I also offer a Bluegrass mandolin workshop once a year in my shop in early november with the great danish mandolin picker Jesper Rübner-Petersen. Feel free to contact me!

Cheers
    Oliver Waitze
    NAG-Germany
    www.n-a-g.info