Thread: Catskill Irish Arts Week Mandolin Class with Mary Coogan

Default Catskill Irish Arts Week Mandolin Class with Mary Coogan

Hello, All.

I am very lucky to have been in the Mando class at CIAW last week, taught by the amazing Mary Coogan (she of Cherish the Ladies fame!) and I could not have had a better time, nor felt more valued as an "old beginner." Mary worked with a hugely divergent range of experience within our small group, and managed to provide "something for everyone" despite our different backgrounds and abilities. Each of us left better than we arrived, and we were part of a real team. My best group lessons ever, and the beginnings of friendships to carry on.

If you get the chance, take classes with her, and see her perform with Cherish the Ladies. You'll love it.

David

Default Re: Catskill Irish Arts Week Mandolin Class with Mary Coogan

Mary will be teaching at the O'Flaherty Retreat near Dallas in October. I'm signed up for her class and have always been very satisfied with the experience at O'Flaherty. It should be great.

Mike Keyes

Default Re: Catskill Irish Arts Week Mandolin Class with Mary Coogan

Mary's a great teacher with the patience of a saint and a whole bag of technique tricks, very down-to-earth with an amazing ability to remember everybody's names even if she hasn't seen someone for years. A very relaxed teacher/class who pulls the best from just about everybody.
    --------------------------------
    1920 Lyon & Healy bowlback
    1923 Gibson A-1 snakehead
    1952 Strad-o-lin
    1983 Giannini ABSM1 bandolim
    2009 Giannini GBSM3 bandolim
    2011 Eastman MD305