Thread: Hardshell Case for Octave Mandolin?

Default Hardshell Case for Octave Mandolin?

I see a couple of older threads on this, but nothing recent. Looking for a hardshell case for Octave Mandolin and having trouble finding where I can purchase one. I actually have an Olympia Dulcimer Co. "Walkabout Dulcimer" the Signature Series 8 string (photo attached) which is about same dimensions as an OM. I'm in Alaska and can't find one up here. Any leads?

Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	safari-1.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	282.0 KB 
ID:	158690  

Default Re: Hardshell Case for Octave Mandolin?

My OM is in a tenor banjo case, which it fits quite nicely -although I Had to modify the neck support.

I have just ordered a classical guitar case for my tenor and I think the OM will fit in that too.
    - Jeremy

Wot no catchphrase?

The dimensions aren't noted, but I sent a message to try to get that information. Thank you for the lead!

Well that's interesting information that I hadn't thought about. I will get into Anchorage to a music store and see if they have a tenor banjo case that might fit. That would sure beat paying for a case to be shipped to Alaska :-) Thank you for your response!

The classical guitar case came today and the OM sort of fits in it, well enough to use. The main issue is that the neck of the OM is a bit short for the case, but my Buchanan OM is a 20" scale length, if it was 22" or 23" it would fit very well. For me it's just a bonus as the case is really for a tenor guitar, but I will probably use it for the OM on the train as it's got back straps and is better balanced than the banjo case.

This is the case I ordered https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003SPZV3K Gator do a similar one, and the same case is available by other brands, such as Kinsman, so someone probably imports them into the US.
    - Jeremy

Wot no catchphrase?

i keep an eye out for cheap used tenor and other banjo cases. they house most of my oms citterns and bouzoukis.