Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another rave about the CA bridge

Default Re: Another rave about the CA bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Daniels View Post
    Probably too late but I spoke to Steve at CA about this same issue when I was fitting mine and it's quite common. His recommendation was sanding the lower part of the saddle and not under the post holes. Just find a 90° angle in your house (countertop, etc.) to place the sandpaper on one side and lay the side of the saddle on the other. Easy and quick and you aren't removing structural material.

C.
    Unfortunately, there was already a gap under the bottom of the saddle and it wouldn't go any lower, so sanding under the post holes was the only option I had. Hopefully it doesn't crack at some point. It's the same depth/height now as the stock saddle, at the point where the posts go through, so hopefully that's enough ebony to hold it together. *crosses fingers*

The posts stick up a tiny bit above the saddle. I couldn't screw them any lower with the allen wrench without really forcing them, but they're black, so it looks fine.

If anybody else is doing an LM-310, I would recommend you get the lower version. To achieve the same height by sanding the base of the standard size would basically mean sanding until the gap is gone, which would be crazy tedious. If I had known, I would've taken the low road.

I just laid my saddle on top of my b4stard file.....instant flat surface!

Also, much quicker going than the 220 grit sandpaper I was using for fitting the bridge.

Default Re: Another rave about the CA bridge

For folks on this thread who were interested (rfd?), the comparison I was talking about has been posted now!

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/s...26#post1590926
    Last edited by Billkwando; Jul-24-2017 at 2:01pm.

3. The following members say thank you to Billkwando for this post: