Thread: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

Default New Webers at Carter's Vintage

Excuse me if there has already been a thread about this. When I was at Carter's in Nashville last summer, they had a used Weber or two, but nothing new. The few new Webers I saw were at TOH. Just noticed 6 or so new Webers at the Carter Vintage web site. Not familiar with dealer license arrangements, so I wondered, would this make Carter's an authorized Weber dealer? They weren't listed at the Weber web site, but that might not be up to date.

My mistake. They are listed as a Weber Specialty Dealer.
    Last edited by Bill Kammerzell; Jun-25-2017 at 11:17am. Reason: Correction.
    Ray Dearstone #009 D1A (1999)
    Skip Kelley #063 Offset Two Point (2017)
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)
    Hohner and Seydel Harmonicas (various keys)

"Heck, Jimmy Martin don't even believe in Santy Claus!"

Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

I think I'll have to head down there if they have had big change in stock.

This can't be good for my addiction

3. The following members say thank you to GDCB for this post:

I was at Caters Vintage Guitars this weekend. They had several new Webers in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepMan View Post
    I was at Caters Vintage Guitars this weekend. They had several new Webers in stock.
    I have to believe if TOH is going to sell Weber mandolin family instruments in Nashville, they're gonna have to sell them at a spot like Carter's. Selling them at the TOH store couldn't have been moving them too well. Only reason I got my River F there at TOH, was it was NOS and they were willing to go 21% under the original price. I dropped by there with my wife because she was looking at the clothes there and I just stumbled upon the music room. Otherwise I would have likely wound up getting something at Carter's or Gruhn's.
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)

Quote Originally Posted by willkamm View Post
    I have to believe if TOH is going to sell Weber mandolin family instruments in Nashville, they're gonna have to sell them at a spot like Carter's. Selling them at the TOH store couldn't have been moving them too well.
    I'm a fan of Weber but am disappointed that TOH has placed Weber into its advertising / sales background (click on the TOH website link). I want to see Weber continue to succeed, however, each time I visit the TOH website I'm surprised they don't place the lineup in the forefront of its advertising. http://www.twooldhippies.com

7. The following members say thank you to Al Trujillo for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Trujillo View Post
    I'm a fan of Weber but am disappointed that TOH has placed Weber into its advertising / sales background (click on the TOH website link). I want to see Weber continue to succeed, however, each time I visit the TOH website I'm surprised they don't place the lineup in the forefront of its advertising. http://www.twooldhippies.com
    You would think they would, wouldn't you? I was at the TOH store in Nashville a year ago and they have 4 or 5 Weber mandolin family instruments. Maybe 1 USA Breedlove. Quite a few guitars though. Earlier this year, I sent an email to the store and again, that is all they had, although I was assured, "We are a Weber dealer."
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)

Yep, Carter Vintage has new Weber mandolins now. I don't want to step over the line of self-promotion in this thread, but I've known and worked with Bruce Weber since my first days with Gibson in the 1990s. Tom Bedell, who owns Breedlove/Weber, was one of the first people my wife and I talked with when we were planning to open a guitar store in 2012. He and his wife Molly (who is kicking butt with Two Old Hippies) have become good friends. And Erika Mohr, Tom's sales manager for indy dealers, is an old friend and former co-worker. The migration of Weber mandolins from TOH to Carter Vintage is good move for all.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to walter carter For This Useful Post:

poor excuse for anything Charlieshafer's Avatar

I would think they wouldn't! TOH is a "lifestyle" store (which I'm a fan of business-wise) and clothing is their primary seller. As a clothing store will sell more t-shirts and items like that than 2k+ mandolins (and yeah, I'm a Weber fan also, with a custom vintage oval 'cello) I'd much rather see a retail store, any retail store, survive and thrive. If TOH's current format helps keep Weber strong, sell those shirts!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlieshafer View Post
    I would think they wouldn't! TOH is a "lifestyle" store (which I'm a fan of business-wise) and clothing is their primary seller. As a clothing store will sell more t-shirts and items like that than 2k+ mandolins (and yeah, I'm a Weber fan also, with a custom vintage oval 'cello) I'd much rather see a retail store, any retail store, survive and thrive. If TOH's current format helps keep Weber strong, sell those shirts!
    I certainly don't disagree with you Charlie. I just remain faithful to the line and would like to see a stronger display of their Weber line. I've not been to the TOH store but wonder whether they offer Weber t-shirts or ball caps for sale?

I certainly don't disagree with you Charlie. I just remain faithful to the line and would like to see a stronger display of their Weber line. I've not been to the TOH store but wonder whether they offer Weber t-shirts or ball caps for sale?
    That's a good question. I know at the Weber web site they used to offer company name monogramed coffee mugs made by an Oregon potter named John Kinder, IIRC. As did Breedlove. I know longer see those. I've got one from Weber and once had one from Breedlove. Don't know about t-shirts and caps. I recall the store staying true to the name as far as the clothing.
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)

I don't get the consternation or surprise anyone has about this. Certainly TOH can sell wherever they want, and Carter's seems an obvious choice.

Didn't know there was a TOH store in Nashville, but again, doesn't really matter to me. As far as the TOH website is concerned, webermandolins.com is alive and well.

I'll go back to playing my Absaroka now and put on my Weber hat when I leave the house.
    Not all the clams are at the beach

Arrow Manouche
    Arrow Jazzbo
    Arrow G
    Clark 2 point
    Gibson F5L
    Gibson A-4
    Ratliff CountryBoy A

Quote Originally Posted by walter carter View Post
    Yep, Carter Vintage has new Weber mandolins now. I don't want to step over the line of self-promotion in this thread, but I've known and worked with Bruce Weber since my first days with Gibson in the 1990s. Tom Bedell, who owns Breedlove/Weber, was one of the first people my wife and I talked with when we were planning to open a guitar store in 2012. He and his wife Molly (who is kicking butt with Two Old Hippies) have become good friends. And Erika Mohr, Tom's sales manager for indy dealers, is an old friend and former co-worker. The migration of Weber mandolins from TOH to Carter Vintage is good move for all.
    Oh definitely! I can't imagine they were selling too many mandolins from the TOH store. Even if I did find one I really liked! About a year ago today, IIRC. There were likely two of us trying out instruments the couple of times I was there. In contrast, there were 6 or more people at Carter's on the same days. Just in traffic alone its a great sales and promotion move. Hope it works out for everyone! My posting the thread was more in the spirit of "Its about time." Even better that Carter's is now one of about a dozen Weber Specialty Dealers.

http://webermandolins.com/blog/intro...cialty-dealers

Good luck with this!
    Last edited by Bill Kammerzell; Jul-01-2017 at 8:40pm.
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McCall View Post
    I don't get the consternation or surprise anyone has about this. Certainly TOH can sell wherever they want, and Carter's seems an obvious choice.

Didn't know there was a TOH store in Nashville, but again, doesn't really matter to me. As far as the TOH website is concerned, webermandolins.com is alive and well.

I'll go back to playing my Absaroka now and put on my Weber hat when I leave the house.
    I always drink coffee from my Weber mug.
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)