Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

  1. #1
    Fatally Flawed willkamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,216

    Default New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    Excuse me if there has already been a thread about this. When I was at Carter's in Nashville last summer, they had a used Weber or two, but nothing new. The few new Webers I saw were at TOH. Just noticed 6 or so new Webers at the Carter Vintage web site. Not familiar with dealer license arrangements, so I wondered, would this make Carter's an authorized Weber dealer? They weren't listed at the Weber web site, but that might not be up to date.

    My mistake. They are listed as a Weber Specialty Dealer.
    Last edited by willkamm; Jun-25-2017 at 11:17am. Reason: Correction.
    Gibson F5G (Dave Harvey 01/29/2016)
    Redline A5 (2015) #10
    Breedlove Legacy OF A/E (2015)
    TKD Eagle Electric 8 string (2016)

    Hohner Marine Bands (various keys)

    "Nobody goes there any longer. It got much too crowded".

  2. #2
    Registered User GDCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    nashville
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    I think I'll have to head down there if they have had big change in stock.

    This can't be good for my addiction

  3. The following members say thank you to GDCB for this post:


  4. #3

    Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    I was at Caters Vintage Guitars this weekend. They had several new Webers in stock.

  5. #4
    Fatally Flawed willkamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    Quote Originally Posted by JeepMan View Post
    I was at Caters Vintage Guitars this weekend. They had several new Webers in stock.
    I have to believe if TOH is going to sell Weber mandolin family instruments in Nashville, they're gonna have to sell them at a spot like Carter's. Selling them at the TOH store couldn't have been moving them too well. Only reason I got my River F there at TOH, was it was NOS and they were willing to go 21% under the original price. I dropped by there with my wife because she was looking at the clothes there and I just stumbled upon the music room. Otherwise I would have likely wound up getting something at Carter's or Gruhn's.
    Gibson F5G (Dave Harvey 01/29/2016)
    Redline A5 (2015) #10
    Breedlove Legacy OF A/E (2015)
    TKD Eagle Electric 8 string (2016)

    Hohner Marine Bands (various keys)

    "Nobody goes there any longer. It got much too crowded".

  6. #5
    Registered User Al Trujillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Southern Colorado
    Posts
    501

    Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    Quote Originally Posted by willkamm View Post
    I have to believe if TOH is going to sell Weber mandolin family instruments in Nashville, they're gonna have to sell them at a spot like Carter's. Selling them at the TOH store couldn't have been moving them too well.
    I'm a fan of Weber but am disappointed that TOH has placed Weber into its advertising / sales background (click on the TOH website link). I want to see Weber continue to succeed, however, each time I visit the TOH website I'm surprised they don't place the lineup in the forefront of its advertising. http://www.twooldhippies.com

  7. The following members say thank you to Al Trujillo for this post:


  8. #6
    Fatally Flawed willkamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Trujillo View Post
    I'm a fan of Weber but am disappointed that TOH has placed Weber into its advertising / sales background (click on the TOH website link). I want to see Weber continue to succeed, however, each time I visit the TOH website I'm surprised they don't place the lineup in the forefront of its advertising. http://www.twooldhippies.com
    You would think they would, wouldn't you? I was at the TOH store in Nashville a year ago and they have 4 or 5 Weber mandolin family instruments. Maybe 1 USA Breedlove. Quite a few guitars though. Earlier this year, I sent an email to the store and again, that is all they had, although I was assured, "We are a Weber dealer."
    Gibson F5G (Dave Harvey 01/29/2016)
    Redline A5 (2015) #10
    Breedlove Legacy OF A/E (2015)
    TKD Eagle Electric 8 string (2016)

    Hohner Marine Bands (various keys)

    "Nobody goes there any longer. It got much too crowded".

  9. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    Yep, Carter Vintage has new Weber mandolins now. I don't want to step over the line of self-promotion in this thread, but I've known and worked with Bruce Weber since my first days with Gibson in the 1990s. Tom Bedell, who owns Breedlove/Weber, was one of the first people my wife and I talked with when we were planning to open a guitar store in 2012. He and his wife Molly (who is kicking butt with Two Old Hippies) have become good friends. And Erika Mohr, Tom's sales manager for indy dealers, is an old friend and former co-worker. The migration of Weber mandolins from TOH to Carter Vintage is good move for all.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to walter carter For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    poor excuse for anything Charlieshafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Madison, Ct
    Posts
    2,298

    Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Trujillo View Post
    I'm a fan of Weber but am disappointed that TOH has placed Weber into its advertising / sales background (click on the TOH website link). I want to see Weber continue to succeed, however, each time I visit the TOH website I'm surprised they don't place the lineup in the forefront of its advertising. http://www.twooldhippies.com
    I would think they wouldn't! TOH is a "lifestyle" store (which I'm a fan of business-wise) and clothing is their primary seller. As a clothing store will sell more t-shirts and items like that than 2k+ mandolins (and yeah, I'm a Weber fan also, with a custom vintage oval 'cello) I'd much rather see a retail store, any retail store, survive and thrive. If TOH's current format helps keep Weber strong, sell those shirts!

  12. #9
    Registered User Al Trujillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Southern Colorado
    Posts
    501

    Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlieshafer View Post
    I would think they wouldn't! TOH is a "lifestyle" store (which I'm a fan of business-wise) and clothing is their primary seller. As a clothing store will sell more t-shirts and items like that than 2k+ mandolins (and yeah, I'm a Weber fan also, with a custom vintage oval 'cello) I'd much rather see a retail store, any retail store, survive and thrive. If TOH's current format helps keep Weber strong, sell those shirts!
    I certainly don't disagree with you Charlie. I just remain faithful to the line and would like to see a stronger display of their Weber line. I've not been to the TOH store but wonder whether they offer Weber t-shirts or ball caps for sale?

  13. #10
    Fatally Flawed willkamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Trujillo View Post
    I certainly don't disagree with you Charlie. I just remain faithful to the line and would like to see a stronger display of their Weber line. I've not been to the TOH store but wonder whether they offer Weber t-shirts or ball caps for sale?
    That's a good question. I know at the Weber web site they used to offer company name monogramed coffee mugs made by an Oregon potter named John Kinder, IIRC. As did Breedlove. I know longer see those. I've got one from Weber and once had one from Breedlove. Don't know about t-shirts and caps. I recall the store staying true to the name as far as the clothing.
    Gibson F5G (Dave Harvey 01/29/2016)
    Redline A5 (2015) #10
    Breedlove Legacy OF A/E (2015)
    TKD Eagle Electric 8 string (2016)

    Hohner Marine Bands (various keys)

    "Nobody goes there any longer. It got much too crowded".

  14. #11

    Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    I don't get the consternation or surprise anyone has about this. Certainly TOH can sell wherever they want, and Carter's seems an obvious choice.

    Didn't know there was a TOH store in Nashville, but again, doesn't really matter to me. As far as the TOH website is concerned, webermandolins.com is alive and well.

    I'll go back to playing my Absaroka now and put on my Weber hat when I leave the house.
    Play it like you mean it.

  15. #12
    Fatally Flawed willkamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    Quote Originally Posted by walter carter View Post
    Yep, Carter Vintage has new Weber mandolins now. I don't want to step over the line of self-promotion in this thread, but I've known and worked with Bruce Weber since my first days with Gibson in the 1990s. Tom Bedell, who owns Breedlove/Weber, was one of the first people my wife and I talked with when we were planning to open a guitar store in 2012. He and his wife Molly (who is kicking butt with Two Old Hippies) have become good friends. And Erika Mohr, Tom's sales manager for indy dealers, is an old friend and former co-worker. The migration of Weber mandolins from TOH to Carter Vintage is good move for all.
    Oh definitely! I can't imagine they were selling too many mandolins from the TOH store. Even if I did find one I really liked! About a year ago today, IIRC. There were likely two of us trying out instruments the couple of times I was there. In contrast, there were 6 or more people at Carter's on the same days. Just in traffic alone its a great sales and promotion move. Hope it works out for everyone! My posting the thread was more in the spirit of "Its about time." Even better that Carter's is now one of about a dozen Weber Specialty Dealers.

    http://webermandolins.com/blog/intro...cialty-dealers

    Good luck with this!
    Last edited by willkamm; Jul-01-2017 at 8:40pm.
    Gibson F5G (Dave Harvey 01/29/2016)
    Redline A5 (2015) #10
    Breedlove Legacy OF A/E (2015)
    TKD Eagle Electric 8 string (2016)

    Hohner Marine Bands (various keys)

    "Nobody goes there any longer. It got much too crowded".

  16. #13
    Fatally Flawed willkamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: New Webers at Carter's Vintage

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill McCall View Post
    I don't get the consternation or surprise anyone has about this. Certainly TOH can sell wherever they want, and Carter's seems an obvious choice.

    Didn't know there was a TOH store in Nashville, but again, doesn't really matter to me. As far as the TOH website is concerned, webermandolins.com is alive and well.

    I'll go back to playing my Absaroka now and put on my Weber hat when I leave the house.
    I always drink coffee from my Weber mug.
    Gibson F5G (Dave Harvey 01/29/2016)
    Redline A5 (2015) #10
    Breedlove Legacy OF A/E (2015)
    TKD Eagle Electric 8 string (2016)

    Hohner Marine Bands (various keys)

    "Nobody goes there any longer. It got much too crowded".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •