Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tenorcaster

Default Re: Tenorcaster

I took it up to Antebellum Instruments for a setup yesterday and the playability and tone is much improved. Jake added shielding tape as there wasn't any which helped a lot with noise. The action and intonation is now dead on and she plays like butter.

2. The following members say thank you to whatitis for this post:

Eastwood Tenorcaster Demo

https://youtu.be/hQ9SKKLFImc

4. The following members say thank you to stevep21 for this post:

Harley Marty

I bought one of their classic tenors & got it sent over here to Ireland. It's a beautiful looking guitar, sounds good but it has an awful truss rod rattle in the neck so it stays in its case now thanks to Eastwood QC. I'll never look at anything from them again.

Guernsey... small island just off the coast of France

Hi Harley, have you tried putting a little tension in the rod?

Harley Marty

I sent it to a guitar tech & he basically told me I'd have to live with it. I seen a cure on a forum that I've yet to try. A product. Called chair lock, it is a fluid that is normally injected into dovetail joints to expand the timber, then cures without bonding. I'm a bit wary of applying it myself. In your opinion what is the best position to place the truss rod for the application of this stuff ie: strings on/off & tension setting.

Harley Marty

I'm actually thinking of getting a Harley Benton bigtone from Thomann, just put 4 strings on it & a permanent capo on the 2nd fret. I already have a Harley Benton Manhattan, put on an 80 gauge for the low C & have it tuned CGDAE. It's like having two guitars on one neck (cello & tenor). The 80 gauge is unlikely to work on the bigtone because the strings need to be spaced out full width on the bridge & I don't know how the tremollo affects floating bridges