Thread: Wanted: Monroe Style Mandolin/Tenor Singer and Fiddle Player NE

Default Wanted: Monroe Style Mandolin/Tenor Singer and Fiddle Player NE

I'm starting another band in the traditional Bluegrass style. I play Monroe style mandolin, Banjo and play Rhythm guitar and sing (will be doing so in band). I'm looking for serious band mates looking to start something tight and something with an old sound. The two main types of musicians (as stated in the title) are a Monroe style mandolinist/tenor singer and a Bluegrass fiddle player that can really dive deep into the early days of Bluegrass(Chubby Wise, Benny Martin, Charlie Cline etc.) As for the mandolin/ tenor singer the mandolin style should be relatively close to Bill but the farthest out there you should go is Bobby Osborne but even that may be a stretch. I'm sorry if I come of like a Hardcore traditional Bluegrasser but I just have a specific sound in my head that I'd like to create with likeminded musicians. As for the mandolin players tenor singing it should be able to hit a high A without straining or going into falsetto. Falsetto is fine as long as the power is still there. Fiddle player should also be comfortable twining as I may have another fiddle player on the line. If you're interested or know anyone who might be, email me or send me a message, I'd be happy to answer any further questions right here in the forum. I'm based in CT but I'm looking to move the band south if it takes off

Default Re: Wanted: Monroe Style Mandolin/Tenor Singer and Fiddle Player

Sounds interesting and fun (except for hitting that high 'A').
    You'll have better luck with this type of thing if you post it in the Cafe Classifieds though.

Default Re: Wanted: Monroe Style Mandolin/Tenor Singer and Fiddle Player

F5RB11, Just read your post in the other section (Bluegrass, Newgrass Etc https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/s...uegrass-Fiddle )

I take back what I said above. I had no idea that Want-Ads for Musicians should be posted in the forum. Thanks for pointing that out.