Thread: any jams near Savannah,GA?

Default any jams near Savannah,GA?

We've just moved to a small town outside of Savannah, I know about Randy Wood music. I'm just wondering if there's any jams closer to our little town of Hinesville, GA?
    Thanks,
    Daniel
    Daniel Kaufman

Default Re: any jams near Savannah,GA?

If you're anywhere near Randy Wood's shop, I highly recommend the Saturday jam. Great group of people and straight-ahead bluegrass. Starts at 12:30 and runs till....... I don't know; I fade by 4:00 and it's still going strong!
    Daniel Kaufman

+1!

That was me that showed up there yesterday Daniel. I may not be ready for prime time, but I had a blast. Can't say enough about what a great group of folks that was there. I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to meet y'all. Thanks to all for the warm welcome and allowing me to participate (choke under pressure) in the "straight-ahead bluegrass" fun. And you Daniel, are an excellent picker!

I came back later for the Chris Henry Hard Core Bluegrass show. It was fantastic. Those guys are dazzlingly tight and talented. I met and talked to Chris for a few minutes. Super nice guy. Met Randy Wood as well. Great guy. Very interesting and fun to talk to.

A great bluegrass jam, a great plate of brisket, a couple of beers and a great concert. All in all I'd say it was a great day!

Clark

Clark, I'm glad you felt welcomed and included in the jam. You have much more talent than you give yourself credit for. I hope you find some folks to jam with. We are on similar quests as I look for folks here in Hinesville. My wife's excellent suggestion just this morning was to look for violin or guitar teachers online in your area and see if you can email them. They may have students interested in the music you want to play. I just emailed a violin teacher, so we'll see if that pans out. I also have been looking on Craig's List daily to see if anyone in this area is selling a guitar, fiddle or banjo and emailing them directily. Also, if they're any kind of stores that have bulletin boards where you could put a message; whatever your time allows. If there's any kind of free newspaper that allows free ads, maybe place one in their. Let me know if you come up with other ideas. Good luck and hope to see you when you're back this way.
    Daniel Kaufman

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrDNicholas For This Useful Post: