Thread: WANTED:Monroe Style Mandolin/Tenor AND Bluegrass Fiddle

Default WANTED:Monroe Style Mandolin/Tenor AND Bluegrass Fiddle

I'm starting another band in the traditional Bluegrass style. I play Monroe style mandolin, Banjo and play Rhythm guitar and sing (will be doing so in band). I'm looking for serious band mates looking to start something tight and something with an old sound. The two main types of musicians (as stated in the title) are a Monroe style mandolinist/tenor singer and a Bluegrass fiddle player that can really dive deep into the early days of Bluegrass(Chubby Wise, Benny Martin, Charlie Cline etc.) As for the mandolin/ tenor singer the mandolin style should be relatively close to Bill but the farthest out there you should go is Bobby Osborne but even that may be a stretch. I'm sorry if I come of like a Hardcore traditional Bluegrasser but I just have a specific sound in my head that I'd like to create with likeminded musicians. As for the mandolin players tenor singing it should be able to hit a high A without straining or going into falsetto. Falsetto is fine as long as the power is still there. Fiddle player should also be comfortable twining as I may have another fiddle player on the line. If you're interested or know anyone who might be, email me or send me a message, I'd be happy to answer any further questions right here in the forum. I'm based in CT but I'm looking to move the band south if it takes off.

Default Re: WANTED:Monroe Style Mandolin/Tenor AND Bluegrass Fiddle

Good luck! I'm happy to see someone looking to there roots. It's all good but, I like the old style like that too!
    For the record,
    There is NOTHING WRONG with being a hardcore, hardheaded traditionalist. I really hope it all works out for you, let us know!
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

3. The following members say thank you to Timbofood for this post:

Thank you Timbofood much appreciated!

Place an ad in the Classifieds. The forum isn't the proper place for this kind of solicitation, and this thread may get shut down. Good luck with putting your band together!
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Smart call mrmando, it could be very short lived if left here. But, I'd never have seen it in the classifieds. I have had to stop looking at anything there! Between new windows and vehicle, buying power is pretty limited!
    Timothy F. Lewis

Actually I read up on the classified ads guidelines and it SPECIFICALLY SAID that this subject matter should be posted in the forum. https://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin...page_button=on

14th bullet^^

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F5RB11 For This Useful Post:

You'd probably do just as well to pack up and head to Nashville and find your collaborators there.

Quote Originally Posted by F5RB11 View Post
    Actually I read up on the classified ads guidelines and it SPECIFICALLY SAID that this subject matter should be posted in the forum. https://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin...page_button=on

14th bullet^^
    Thanks for pointing that out F5RB11. I never would have guessed that musician Want-Ads should be posted in the forum.

Good luck with your search. I'm with Timothy when he says "There is NOTHING WRONG with being a hardcore, hardheaded traditionalist. I really hope it all works out for you, let us know!"

And I wish you well finding that someone who can hit that high 'A' without straining or sliding into falsetto. Any thing above an 'F#' for me requires vice-grips.

11. The following members say thank you to FLATROCK HILL for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by F5RB11 View Post
    Actually I read up on the classified ads guidelines and it SPECIFICALLY SAID that this subject matter should be posted in the forum.
    Ah, so it does. Well, in that case, carry on and good luck!
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

There are a lot of fantastic pickers in your neck of the woods but, some are past the age when going out and doing the road is probably not feasible, it wouldn't be for me nor are my vocals up for it anymore.
    I really wish you the best of luck! Keep me posted feel free to PM me if you don't want to post a full "chat"
    Timothy F. Lewis

14. The following members say thank you to Timbofood for this post: