Thread: Wrecking Crew Documentary

Default Wrecking Crew Documentary

Just watched this on Netflix last night. Another good one.

Default Re: Wrecking Crew Documentary

I saw that last year, watched it three or four times! There is a huge amount of information there! What a great piece of work for David Tedesco (Tommy's son) to honor his fathers career.
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

Great Doc. Will have to watch it again now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Great Doc. Will have to watch it again now.
    Great documentary, I watched it a few years ago-all of em were monster players, never realized they played on most of the classics we here today! truly the "wrecking crew" they all worked/blended together rather well for studio musicians. Kinda a disappointment that Clarence White wasn't mentioned for all the session work he did!!! Clarence was a real talented player that was taken in the prime of his life, that could be said of loads of musicians Jimi Hendrix, Don Rich, Morrison, the list can go on and on from that era!

Loarcutus of MandoBorg DataNick's Avatar

It is great and I own the dvd; however Carol Kaye, the bassist says a lot of it is nonsense and that after she saw it, she would have never agreed to help out Tedesco...somewhere in the middle is probably the truth, who knows? Entertaining for sure!
    1994 Gibson F5L - Weber signed

"Mandolin brands are a guide, not gospel! I don't drink koolaid and that Emperor is naked!"
    "If you wanna get soul Baby, you gots to get the scroll..."
    "I would rather play music anyday for the beggar, the thief, and the fool!"
    "Perfection is not attainable; but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" Vince Lombardi
    Playing Style: RockMonRoll Desperado Bluegrass Desperado YT Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DataNick View Post
    It is great and I own the dvd; however Carol Kaye, the bassist says a lot of it is nonsense and that after she saw it, she would have never agreed to help out Tedesco...somewhere in the middle is probably the truth, who knows? Entertaining for sure!
    Hey DataNick,really she said that when? I meen she was queen of bass back then working with all these guys "the only woman" she came up with the iconic melodies of some of the most popular so called "classics" most of us love and the older generation grew up on this stuff. It seemed in the interviews for the movie they all got along great-what am I missing, what's the dirt?

I enjoyed the film as well, and subsequently talked with someone who know Carol Kaye, and heard a similar story. As you say, entertaining either way.

There is always grey area in any piece of film like that.
    People don't get along all the time, ask any band that's played together more than a year and there is always friction from time to time. For me the studio is a place for more possibility of friction than any other place on earth! Even the best musicians can get irrritated, I'm not saying I'm anywhere near the realm of good, let alone session worthy.
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett