Thread: Good news for QSC Touxmix users!

Blog Entries

Default Good news for QSC Touxmix users!

Only announced a few hours ago... existing users of the TM8 and TM16 are being treated to some really major upgrades and enhancements. Some of these are things that we have been 'pestering' QSC about for some time, especially the RTA and Anti-Feedback system:

"On June 6, we will be introducing TouchMix V3.0 for TouchMix-8/16. Version 3.0 includes twenty significant enhancements, making these models far and away the most powerful and comprehensive, yet easy-to-use compact mixers available. Many features previously available exclusively on the TouchMix-30 Pro are now implemented, including:

• Anti-Feedback Wizard
    • Room-Tuning Wizard
    • Real-Time Analyzer (RTA)
    • Copy-and-Paste
    • Playback of MP3 files on a USB drive
    • Input Delay
    • Output PEQ
    • 15 dB Digital Gain
    • Channel Overview
    • USB Drive Formatting
    • Improved graphics and screen layout (similar to TM-30 Pro)

A number of additional, all-new features in Version 3.0 are also provided including:

• Channel Safe
    • Tap Tempo
    • Tablet Follows Mixer
    • Four additional User Buttons (on connected tablet)
    • Ability to configure Aux 7/8 and Aux 9/10 as balanced, mono outputs (TouchMix-16)
    • K.2 Series Preset simulation
    • System check, offering direct download of updates when the mixer is connected to the Internet.
    • More…"

The Android and IPad apps will also be updated on June 6. This info is not yet available on their website, but should be up there prior to release date.

Apologies for Typo on the subject line. Put it down to over-excitement
    Gibson F5 'Harvey' Fern, Gibson F5 'Derrington' Fern
    Distressed Silverangel F 'Esmerelda' aka 'Maxx'
    Northfield Big Mon #127
    Ellis F5 Special #288
    '39 & '45 D-18's, 1950 D-28.

Default Re: Good news for QSC Touxmix users!

Obviously there are not too many Touchmix users here.

When it was introduced I considered to buy it but then decided for the Behringer X-Air. I think QSC had no Android app back then.
    On the pro side for QSC were the local controls. On the down side the lack of recall-able preamp gain. And the Behringer was cheaper...

Thanks for the update on QSC anyhow.

Blog Entries

The manual trims are really about the only thing I'd criticise on the current Touchmix range, to be honest. It is no problem at all on the Touchmix 8, and quite manageable on the 16 - though once you get to more inputs than that, I'd definitely prefer recall. This is offset to some degree by the 'digital gain' setting, which is recallable, however. The range of that has been increased substantially with this upcoming firmware.

I used a TM16 just last night. Rock solid connectivity, preamps are superb. Very small form factor for all the power inside... ran some DPA4099's, ATM350's, AT AE5400 vocal mics and AE5100 instrument mics and sent the lot though QSC K10's and some K8's as monitors. Sounded fantastic. So clean...
    Northfield Big Mon #127
    Ellis F5 Special #288

Glad to hear this. My group uses a QSC Touchmix 16 and except for some minor glitches, we have had success using it for gigs.
    Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by almeriastrings View Post
    The manual trims are really about the only thing I'd criticise on the current Touchmix range, to be honest. It is no problem at all on the Touchmix 8, and quite manageable on the 16 - though once you get to more inputs than that, I'd definitely prefer recall. This is offset to some degree by the 'digital gain' setting, which is recallable, however. The range of that has been increased substantially with this upcoming firmware.

I used a TM16 just last night. Rock solid connectivity, preamps are superb. Very small form factor for all the power inside... ran some DPA4099's, ATM350's, AT AE5400 vocal mics and AE5100 instrument mics and sent the lot though QSC K10's and some K8's as monitors. Sounded fantastic. So clean...
    Almerlastrings: Thanks for passing this on and your continuing thoughts on the TM and related gadgets. Could you link or otherwise refer us to further information? I can't seem to find it on the QSC forum, etc.

Also, not to hijack, but have you had occasion to need a backup mixer or power supply? I am still on the fence about such a purchase and the TM is mostly bulletproof. FWIW the manual trims have not been a problem but I would love to be able to work with more than 8 channels without changing screens, a la Mackie.

Blog Entries

It's not on the QSC forum or website (yet). It was, however, announced on the QSC Touchmix Facebook group on May 11 by Ray Van Straten who is the Director of Marketing at QSC.

If you go to that Facebook group there are some Q&A's with QSC staffers about this.

No, never needed a backup. I think they are every bit as reliable as any 'old school' device. More so in some ways.

Presently, you see 8 channels per screen - touch the onscreen button to bring up the next 8. It would be neat if you could just swipe/scroll but AFAIK this is not imminent, and on the smaller screens, having more than 8 channels visible would be pretty tight...

The Touchmixes are great mixers (and are getting even better on June 6).
    Northfield Big Mon #127
    Ellis F5 Special #288