Thread: MXR M300 Reverb Pedal- Any Experience w/ Acoustic Mando?

Default MXR M300 Reverb Pedal- Any Experience w/ Acoustic Mando?

Looking into a reverb pedal and wanted to see if anyone has used the M300 on an acoustic? Also looking at the TC Hall of Fame although I feel like the downloadable setting stuff is a bit over the top. And my MXR Carbon Copy analog delay is built really well and sounds oh so good. Other recommendations?

Thanks,

Neal
    1994 Flatiron F-5 Artist
    1995 Flatiron Performer A

https://www.slimpickinsband.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: MXR M300 Reverb Pedal- Any Experience w/ Acoustic Mando?

I've been using the Carbon Copy, hoping it was actually analog and easy on the battery (nope) and wanting the less-clear analog echo that decays (thus the name). Previously I did have (until it failed) a Boss pedal that had various reverb tones and adjustable echo, and combinations of the two. It is another battery hog, being digital, but sounds great. I also looked at the TC and decided against. I want simple controllable parameters, not someone's idea of a hall emulation.

I have always liked the MXR line, now handled by Dunlop, and would expect the M300 is a good reverb. I've grown rather fond of echo, however, it being a simpler sound and less likely to to clash with the ambience of a given room. And the Carbon Copy is really compact in the gig bag.
    Bandcamp -- https://tomwright1.bandcamp.com/
    Videos--YouTube
    Sound Clips--SoundCloud
    The viola is proof that man is not rational

I use the TC HOF mini in the effects loop of my rig. All I was looking for was a little bit of sustain to sweeten up my mandolin and dobro. I didn't use the downloadable settings. You can connect the pedal to your computer visa a usb cable while plugged in to your amp and adjust the settings until it sounds just the way that you like. Then download it to your pedal and the only dial you have to deal with controls the amount of reverb applied.

It is also very small which for me was a bonus.
    willi

I have an older Alesis MicroVerb that isn't a pedal but is as small as one. It has very easy to use controls and suits acoustic instuments well, though it is like most pedals line level only.

Haven't used either the MXR or the hof but do use a Mooer Woodverb with a Fishman m200 before the preamp into the PA. It works well.

HOF works extremely well, but eats batteries, maybe they all do?

Ignore the HOF downloadable settings and use the knobs - it works just like anything else. You can either plug straight into it or, using the dip switches, run it in an effects loop.

I also have the Alesis Microverb but it's not as good as the HOF. As for eating batteries; I've always used it on mains power - either with a single wall wart or one of the Voodoolabs multi PSUs