Thread: Celtic Fling in Manheim, PA June 23rd and 24th

Real Life D&D Bard MollyMarieMandolin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Celtic Fling in Manheim, PA June 23rd and 24th

Anyone else going to Celtic Fling at the site of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire? I've been to the Renaissance Faire a lot and I love it. I haven't been to Celtic Fling yet but I'm volunteering for it this year and I'm very excited to check it out!

From the page I'm linking below:

The 19th annual Celtic Fling and Highland Games at Mount Hope kicks off with the Friday Kick-Off Concert on June 23 and spreads across the 35-acre Shire on Saturday & Sunday, June 24 & 25, 2017. Enjoy traditional pipe bands, modern Celtic rock bands, and everything in between, plus delicious Celtic cuisine, fresh brewed Swashbuckler ales and more!

http://www.parenfaire.com/celtic/about.php
    Screw it. I'm a bard now.

Default Re: Celtic Fling in Manheim, PA June 23rd and 24th

I saw you posted this a while back, but I registered just to say yes! I will also be there.

Celtic Fling is all about the bands for me. I plan my days to hit as many of them as I can. I got both Saturday and Sunday, and this year I am really excited for We Banjo 3 on Sunday night.

Since the event is staffed and produced by the same group of people, a cynic would say it's just a typical RenFaire weekend gussied up to look "Celtic" for a while. I say: so what?

It's a fun weekend, and as long as you didn't get a crappy task as a volunteer you'll have a blast. I believe the weather is supposed to be alright, too, but I haven't looked into it much yet.