Thread: Darren McMullen

Default Darren McMullen

I don't know how well-known Darren is to the Cafe. It seems like he's pretty well-known in Canada, especially in the Maritimes. I heard some stellar mando playing on a couple of David Francey's albums, then went back and dug out a copy of his "Shoes For Molly" CD that a buddy of mine had given to me. It's a great record, with some really stellar mando and tenor banjo picking, as well as excellent bouzouki and guitar work. You can check out sound samples on his website, https://www.darrenmcmullen.com/

I am just a fan, no financial interest. I think folks that dig Celtic mando will dig this!

Default Re: Darren McMullen

I agree 100%, Darren is a really fine mandolin and tenor banjo player. I saw him while on tour accompanying David Francey over a year ago, and he presently plays with the Cape Breton trad band, Coig. I had a chance to take a mandolin workshop from him last summer while Coig was performing in eastern Ontario. NFI here either, but their website is: www.coig.ca
    Too many instruments...too little time

I dig this!
    Mandolins: The Loar LM-220; Lyon & Healy Special A #103; Epiphone Mandobird VIII
    Violins: 19th century German Steiner copy; NS Design WAV 4; NS Design WAV 5; Reiter Alien II 7-string
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ausdoerrt

Yes Darren is a great teacher as well as an excellent multi instrumentalist. I have had workshops from him before and will be going to a weekend workshop with him next weekend in Nova Scotia. Should be fun