Thread: BC Pick Pic Request :)

Default BC Pick Pic Request :)

Does anybody have a TAD, TP, and STP they could post in a pic together? I've been using TAD size for awhile, and I'm curious about the smaller ones. I know BC shows them next to rulers and a quarter, but it'd be awesome to see them together.

OR...

Can anyone confirm if the small Primetone triangles are the same size as a TP or STP?

Sincerely,

The guy who was naive enough to believe one BlueChip pick would be enough
    Soliver arm rested and Tone-Garded Northfield Model M with D’Addario NB 11.5-41, picked with a Wegen Bluegrass 1.4

Default Re: BC Pick Pic Request :)

Thats a TP60 in the middle. Small and Large Primetone triangles flanking it. Kind of falls in between the two in size but feels closer to the small triangle to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender 2.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	412.5 KB 
ID:	156401
    Gunga......Gunga.....Gu-Lunga

Beautiful, thanks!

BTW, awesome inscription on the TP!
    Soliver arm rested and Tone-Garded Northfield Model M with D’Addario NB 11.5-41, picked with a Wegen Bluegrass 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bowsman View Post
    Does anybody have a TAD, TP, and STP they could post in a pic together? I've been using TAD size for awhile, and I'm curious about the smaller ones. I know BC shows them next to rulers and a quarter, but it'd be awesome to see them together.

OR...

Can anyone confirm if the small Primetone triangles are the same size as a TP or STP?

Sincerely,

The guy who was naive enough to believe one BlueChip pick would be enough

I love my TP1R. I've tried a bunch of thicknesses in the TAD and I got a lot more pick noise and that size just felt clunky to me. It could have to do with the size of my hands but I get better tone and a better feel from the TP.

I just received my BC TP-1R 60 a few days ago. I am very happy with that size.
    Dobro Mandolin
    Kentucky Dawg Mandola
    Fender FM-53S
    Rogue RM-100A-BK

At the risk of getting made fun of, trying the smaller picks is because I met Adam Steffey last night. He told me he was using the STP50 at the show, but really loves the small Primetone triangles (the grip-letter version, if anyone else is curious).

I've never given the little picks much of a try on mandolin, but I've been using the little Primetones today. It's making my right hand more precise.

From Chris - "..but really loves the small Primetone triangles (the grip-letter version, if anyone else is curious).". The PT 'Teardrop' shaped 'grippy' ones sound very similar indeed - i have both. It's no wonder that i sound like Adam Steffey when i play - i do,i really do - honestly !!,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

8. The following members say thank you to Ivan Kelsall for this post:

I don't know if this photo helps. I had been playing with the Wegen BN-120 for but wanted one of that shape and kind of pointinessin a BC so I got the both the TAD-3R and a TPR. The TAD-3R is a "tad" larger and the TPR is slightly smaller than the Wegen. Both 50 and 60 weights are heavier than the Wegen. I might like to get the TPR in 50 and that might be perfect tho it depends on my mood and the style I am playing.

The TAD 40 I use only for guitar but have used that one for quite a few years with little wear. I have those Prime Tones and occasionally fool around with them but they are not in the main rotation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BCcomparison.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	331.8 KB 
ID:	156434
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

10. The following members say thank you to Jim Garber for this post: