Thread: Any jams on Whidbey Island, WA?

Default Any jams on Whidbey Island, WA?

I'm going to a friend's wedding in June and will be staying a week near Coupville. Would be cool to join a pick out there.
    Thanks!
    Al

Default Re: Any jams on Whidbey Island, WA?

...keep an eye on Pt. Townsend...lots of great pickers there...
    You can walk on the ferry at Coupeville, and head for PT...

3. The following members say thank you to Spruce for this post:

Default Re: Any jams on Whidbey Island, WA?

What kind of music are you into? I'm more plugged into the local Irish/Scottish scene than OldTime or Bluegrass, but I know there is a monthly OldTime jam here in Port Townsend if the dates line up. It's just a short ferry ride from Coupeville as Spruce mentions, but you would need a car on the ferry to get to this one. Here's the calendar, looks like the jam is on June 7 that month:

http://www.quimpergrange.com/p/calendar-of-events.html

If you play Irish traditional music, there is a weekly mid-level session at a coffee shop in town every Sunday late afternoon, and a higher-level Irish session every Tuesday night at a local pub. Both those venues are a short walk from the ferry terminal here in Port Townsend so you could drop your car on the Coupeville side. PM me here on the Cafe if you need more info on those sessions.

NOTE: If you do come over to PT in June, make sure you make an advance reservation on the Coupeville-PT ferry because it fills up early in the summer months, and they don't run very late at night.

If you're mainly into Bluegrass, maybe someone else around here can chip in with info about this area or Coupeville and nearby areas like Oak Harbor and Anacortes. I just don't travel in those circles!

5. The following members say thank you to foldedpath for this post: